hi im new

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by snake92, Dec 21, 2007.

1. snake92

snake92 Embryo

hello everybody im new here,just wanted to ask im looking into getting a snake but have been round everyone a million times.
    i was going to get a corn,but decided it would be too big and hard to control.
    i want a snake that is - small & nice to handle.it has to be able to fit in a 20gal tank really,a common one here in the UK.iv looked into balls but not sure, i would like a colourfull snake that has a bit of nice patterns with it,i looked at hognoses but there not really colourfull.dont know about rough green snake???
    anyway anything you can suggest that doesent.. get too big , is tame, nice too lok at that fits in a 20 gal and common.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. fpc40

fpc40 New Member

well a cornsnake is about the easyest snake your going to find and a 20 gal tank is fine for baby snakes but won't be big enough for most adult snakes. I don't know witch snake you want but i suggest you to chouse a snake you like and make sure you set it's standerds, not looking at what you have and tryign to find a snake that fits in.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. snake92

snake92 Embryo

well i want to know first which snakes will fit and that then i can look into it more.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. fpc40

fpc40 New Member

well i don't think that there are alot of snakes that wil fit a 20 gal when their adult to answer that question. wat you can do is host a juvinile but you wil have to get something larger eventualy.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

Small snakes: Rosy boas, Sand boas, Children's pythons and Anthill pythons are all small. Look at each of those, I believe they would all be fine in a 20 long.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. snake92

snake92 Embryo

ok thanks i will tomomrow.

12. gecko94

gecko94 New Member

What asbout a pueblan milksnake? Or couldn't you have one for a reason i missed? They stay pretty snall and can live in a 20g i think.

13. snake92

snake92 Embryo

yes i loved these,are they handable?

14. snake92

snake92 Embryo

15. fpc40

fpc40 New Member

16. snake92

snake92 Embryo

thanks , 3-4 feet, is there any chance of a smaaler one averaging 3ft top.
    are they too fast to handle.

17. fpc40

fpc40 New Member

ribbon snakes are smaller but they need more space because they are more active. you could look in to green snakes, i think a 20 gal tank fits for them but im not sure.