HOTM Contest: May 2012

Discussion in 'Archived Posts' started by JEFFREH, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

HOTM May 2012 [ Herp of the Month ]

Theme: Pictures of your herp being Mischievous! Feel free to enter photos of your pet being curious, silly, and/or being naughty and getting into trouble.

April's Winner was lizardgurl87!

Information:

HOTM 2012 is a friendly, forum-run contest, where members of the site can enter a picture of their reptile or amphibian, which will be voted on by members of the site on a knock-out style competition. Pictures will be entered into the HOTM threads, and votes will be made in the thread, or can be sent to myself, if you wish these to stay confidential. Below is the expected structure / time frame of the competition.

2nd-11th ~ Entry thread opens.

12th-19th ~ Members vote based either in the thread by making a post, or by PMing myself.

20th-22st ~Top three photos from the previous thread are entered into a new thread with a poll.

23nd-29th ~ Members have only a few days in which to vote via a poll on the top three photos from the previous thread.

29th-30th ~ Thread will be closed. Votes will be counted and the HOTM winner will be announced and prize given.

The winner will then be announced in that thread, and also in a winners thread within the Archived Forum. The winner will receive the "HOTM Winner" User Title rank for a period of three months. The winner will also choose the theme for the next month's contest.

Contests will run on a monthly basis, and the dates above are subject to change. If the winner does not decide on a theme for the following month, users will be free to post any picture of their herp that they like. Theme ideas may include (but are not limited to): best feeding picture, best vivaria, best sleeping picture, etc etc.

Rules:

ONE photo entry per member only. Members may not enter more than one photo. If more than one photo are entered, a mod will edit out all photos except for the first one posted by that user.

Members may only vote ONCE. Any members found to be creating accounts to vote, will be warned, and their votes voided, and their privilege to enter the competition will be removed. Remember, this competition is meant to bring fun to the forum, don't spoil it.

If a member wins two months in a row, they will no be allowed to participate in the following month's event.

Members are encouraged to post pictures of a reasonable quality. If pictures of bad quality are posted, members are reminded that the likelihood that these will get far in the competition is very low.

Minor photo editing (cropping, adjusting brightness, etc) is acceptable; but to be as fair as possible to all members we would like to allow the photos to remain as original as possible. Please refrain from excessive editing of entries.

Please make sure that the photo size rules in place on this site are adhered to - a maximum of 640 pixels on the longest edge e.g. 640x480 pixels(or 480x640 portrait). Any help needed with this, PM a mod.

Disclaimer: Please note that the moderators will have final say in the content that is uploaded to the site and to the contest, please remember to be respectful and upload photos in good taste and nothing that ellicits unsavory activities; please remember, we have members under 18 and some under 14 in this community.

Other than that, have fun, and good luck! = )

PLEASE NOTE, ALL ENTRIES ARE TO BE POSTED INTO THIS THREAD. PLEASE KEEP COMMENTS TO A MINIMUM.

If you have any questions, please PM a mod or ask in THIS thread.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

The theme has been decided on by last month's winner, and now HOTM May is open for entries! Anyone and everyone may enter... just follow the rules and theme with your photo entry. Post your pictures in this thread! = )

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. mr_andrew

mr_andrew Member

I can't remember which picture I posted last month, whether it was this one or not, but I think it fits the bill!
    Its kinda his "blue steel" look lol
    [​IMG]
    I dunno if its mischievous or not but he likes to jump off stuff lol...

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

This is Stripes getting stuck under her repticarpet! She gets into the weirdest places!
    [​IMG]

JEFFREH, naykid, lizardgurl87 and 2 others like this.
  8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Cookie17

Cookie17 HOTM Winner June

This is my Crested gecko about to jump onto my camera; s/he is on the wood and my camera is resting on my thumb to take the picture. silly gecko
    [​IMG]

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

[​IMG]

Here's Loki peeking out from underneath the TV stand in my room. He likes to sneak around under there for some reason. Probably because he knows I can't reach him. It's like his secret base or something...

12. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

2011-10-23 22.43b.JPG "Quick! She left the cage ope.... uhoh..."

13. ajlista

ajlista Well-Known Member

Haha, i love this theme this month, great pics everyone :D xD

14. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

I've always thought this was cool-I found Alfred the Ninja Frog(who is a girl lol)like this one day when I first got her-she's much bigger now! There's a real reflection(unlike my last pic)on the glass of her too :p
    [​IMG]
    And BTW, loving all the pics so far of curious pets :D

JEFFREH, naykid and StikyPaws312 like this.
  15. naykid

naykid Member

16. DancingRT

DancingRT New Member

One day Iggy decided out of the blue to climb the chimney/fireplace...to sleep in the wreath hanging from the chimney...

Attached Files:

JEFFREH, StikyPaws312 and dogking like this.
  17. geckolover22

geckolover22 Well-Known Member

lil alligator lizard.. adorable isnt he?
    sally.JPG

18. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Great pictures so far everyone!!

This is the last day to enter! Be sure to post your entry by midnight tonight!

19. ELF2240

ELF2240 New Member

cadence and cruiser.jpg

Cadence and Cruiser, my two lovebirds. They're not getting funky in this photo, but they did soon after ;). Babies on the way? Most likely. I posted this because they ended up trying to mate while standing up, they eventually made it to their little cave and proceeded. Silly little lizards. :D

- ELF

20. Cookie17

Cookie17 HOTM Winner June

good luck everyone :)

naykid likes this.
  21. lisa owens

lisa owens Well-Known Member

if i am to late that ok but wanted to share a pic of my new member

[​IMG]

StikyPaws312 and JEFFREH like this.
  22. wren152

wren152 Member

Can we vote, now? I missed entering, I was too preoccupied with Auzzie being a little buttface and eating plaster (she seems to be just fine now, big poops yesterday and today! I'm continuing treatment for a couple more days just in case) but is there a specific thread to vote in? : D Or just here? (great pictures, everyone!)

23. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Voting may commence now = )

Go ahead and vote in here with a post, or if you wish to remain anonymous you may PM me with your vote!

24. lisa owens

lisa owens Well-Known Member

my vote is for dogking with the hidden gecko under the rug

25. wren152

wren152 Member

I love all these pictures, but I think my vote is going to have to go for Cammy, with Loki the beardie. XD I totally understand the beardie-under-furniture kind of feeling. Darn crafty buggers! XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.