HOTM Contest: September

Discussion in 'Archived Posts' started by JEFFREH, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

HOTM September 2012 [ Herp of the Month ]​

Theme: "Lazy Summer Lounging pictures! Post pics of your reptiles or amphibians either lazily basking in the sun or just sleeping and being a lazy bum (if they aren't a basking species). Or, feel free to enter a photo of your pet doing some other summer-related festivity as well!

Information:​

HOTM 2012 is a friendly, forum-run contest, where members of the site can enter a picture of their reptile or amphibian, which will be voted on by members of the site on a knock-out style competition. Pictures will be entered into the HOTM threads, and votes will be made in the thread, or can be sent to myself, if you wish these to stay confidential. Below is the expected structure / time frame of the competition.​

1st-11th ~ Entry thread opens.​

12th-19th ~ Members vote based either in the thread by making a post, or by PMing myself.​

20th-22st ~Top three photos from the previous thread are entered into a new thread with a poll.​

23nd-29th ~ Members have only a few days in which to vote via a poll on the top three photos from the previous thread.​

29th-30th ~ Thread will be closed. Votes will be counted and the HOTM winner will be announced and prize given.​

The winner will then be announced in that thread, and also in a winners thread within the Archived Forum. The winner will receive the "HOTM Winner" User Title rank for a period of three months. The winner will also choose the theme for the next month's contest.​

Contests will run on a monthly basis, and the dates above are subject to change. If the winner does not decide on a theme for the following month, users will be free to post any picture of their herp that they like. Theme ideas may include (but are not limited to): best feeding picture, best vivaria, best sleeping picture, etc etc.​

Rules:

ONE photo entry per member only. Members may not enter more than one photo. If more than one photo are entered, a mod will edit out all photos except for the first one posted by that user.​

Members may only vote ONCE. Any members found to be creating accounts to vote, will be warned, and their votes voided, and their privilege to enter the competition will be removed. Remember, this competition is meant to bring fun to the forum, don't spoil it.​

If a member wins two months in a row, they will no be allowed to participate in the following month's event.​

Members are encouraged to post pictures of a reasonable quality. If pictures of bad quality are posted, members are reminded that the likelihood that these will get far in the competition is very low.​

Minor photo editing (cropping, adjusting brightness, etc) is acceptable; but to be as fair as possible to all members we would like to allow the photos to remain as original as possible. Please refrain from excessive editing of entries.​

Please make sure that the photo size rules in place on this site are adhered to - a maximum of 640 pixels on the longest edge e.g. 640x480 pixels(or 480x640 portrait). Any help needed with this, PM a mod.​

Disclaimer: Please note that the moderators will have final say in the content that is uploaded to the site and to the contest, please remember to be respectful and upload photos in good taste and nothing that ellicits unsavory activities; please remember, we have members under 18 and some under 14 in this community.

Other than that, have fun, and good luck! = )​

PLEASE NOTE, ALL ENTRIES ARE TO BE POSTED INTO THIS THREAD. PLEASE KEEP COMMENTS TO A MINIMUM.

If you have any questions, please PM a mod or ask in THIS thread.

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

I'll just submit now, so I don't forget later :p Here's one I found of my 2 green tree frogs getting along. The bright green one is my newer one and he changes colors often(from bright green to a dark gray)while, my other brown one(the one creepin' in the back)is always that way, and she's a fatty!
    [​IMG]

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Cookie17

Cookie17 HOTM Winner June

This is Ink, my crested gecko, laying on the floor of his cage, waiting for more food and lookng just as cute as can be!
    [​IMG]

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

Rex soaking up some rays!
    [​IMG]

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Reid

Reid Banned

205.jpg Caught her sleeping, she woke up and gave me a huge smile :]

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. supernova

supernova Member

This was more of a late spring photo but the coastal weather rarely get above 70 degrees. Gorgie Lounging in a rhododendron bush in by the driveway. She actually fell asleep there.

[​IMG]

12. lisa owens

lisa owens Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

this is pepper he is a sleep he sleeps near the top of his enclosure where the light is. and yes he is upside down

13. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Thank you to everyone who entered! These are some excellent shots = )

Let's go ahead and let the voting begin!

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  14. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

YAY! Everybody's pictures are great, but I am going to have to vote for lizardgirl's pic of her two green tree frogs!

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  15. lisa owens

lisa owens Well-Known Member

i most say this one is hard but since i can only pick one i will go with supernova love the shot in the tree

16. Cookie17

Cookie17 HOTM Winner June

I'm going with dogking's Rex- just an amazing close-up shot and very cute!

17. Amethyst229

Amethyst229 HOTM Winner October

I pick dogking's Rex. Very nice pic

18. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

I'm going to have to vote for Dogking's of Rex also! :)

19. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

I'm going to pick supernova's iggy basking in the tree.

20. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

I want to apologize for being late on updating this...October kind of snuck up on me.

But it looks like the winner for HOTM September is Dogking and his beardie Rex!! Congrats woofy! = )

Let me know what you'd like October's theme to be and we'll get this month's HOTM going!

StikyPaws312 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.