Housing Balls

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by herpluver, Aug 8, 2004.

1. herpluver

herpluver New Member

I have 2 female ball pythons that are about a year old. They are in a 75 gallon tank together. Do they need a bigger tank as they get older/bigger or is a 75 gallon big enough??

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

75 gallon is plenty for a single BP adult. You really ought to separate them to their own cages and only put them together for breeding.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. herpluver

herpluver New Member

SO IF I SEPERATE THEM, WHAT IS THE SMALLEST SIZE TANK THAT SHOULD BE USED FOR A SINGLE BP?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

no need to yell. i have read that the minumum space for an adult is a 20long but i would put 1bp in a 40g

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. herpluver

herpluver New Member

no need to yell.

Who was yelling? If i was .....sorry, just asking questions. :D
    I am new to all of this still and need a little help from time to time. Sorry if I offended!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

whenever someone uses capitol letters on the internet like
    it means that you are yelling.

12. herpluver

herpluver New Member

I didn't know that. Again I am sorry. Didn't mean to make anyone mad. :oops:

13. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YELLING :D
    I would go with a 30-40 gallon breeder type tank. The ones you can get that are labeled "Critter Cages"

14. kjay

kjay New Member

2 females

they are fine together. but if you want to separate, get a couple rubber maids from walmart that you like and are roughly half the size of your current tank, bp like security and that will help out in that area as well, as far as yelling, i dont think you offended anyone, i could see if you were objecting to something someone was saying, and you purposely used capitals, but obviously it was a cap lock, ask anything you want, anyway you want you will find 99% o the time people will help you before they correct you , dont worry about it.

15. guyincage

guyincage Embryo

honestly, i have my 2 ball pythons housed together for about 4 years now and i have never had any problems. just be sure to seperate them during feeding times and remember they very sensitve as far as "smelling" the food. in other words put both snakes in their feeding tub/area before touching the mice.

16. Brtore

Brtore New Member

I agree with guyincage... bp's don't always like a really large enclosure, most like the security of being able to touch all sides when curled up, and like enough room to lenghten out from time to time. This doesn't mean you need a very large tank. 75 gal... is a great size for two balls.. just remember the feeding rules..NEVER TOGETHER! did I yell too loud on that one? lol