How do I make my move less stressful for my tokay?

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by tokall_pythcko, May 26, 2007.

1. tokall_pythcko

tokall_pythcko Embryo

I am moving across the country (3-4 day drive) and trying to decide if it would be less stressful to bring my two Tokays in the car or send them in the mail.
    I'm already bringing my snake in the car (nobody will let me mail her) but the geckos are so much more sensitive to their surroundings.

Which is worse... 3 days of stress with me on the drive or 1 day of stress handled by the post office.

I'm thinking the post office might be the best choice for them, but let me know what you think or your experiences with transporting Tokays.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. camo_pants

camo_pants New Member

You could bring them in the car. you should maybe just blackout their tank with black paper or something atleast then you know they won't be thrown around

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Ryask

Ryask New Member

Thats true...the only problem may be heat...but definatly cover thier cages

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. tokay_tamer

tokay_tamer New Member

id take them in the car as im sure you will be more careful then a post office.Id put black paper around the whole tank so they wont be disturbed by their surrondings.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. NoisyJoisy

NoisyJoisy New Member

last week i moved into a new apartment.. only 5 miles away so i just left my tokay in the 90gal tank with all the fake foliage still on the wall giving it something to hide under... i fed him a bit more than needed a week or so before the move to make sure if he was stressed to eat afterwards. know anyone close to where you moving?? mail it to them 1st class? you'd deff have more intimate care in the car for your tokays... 3-4 days is alot of stress though... good luck! hope for the best...

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. vladvancia

vladvancia New Member

i bought mine from budapest which is 700 km from my place, in romania, the transport took 2 almost 3 days, he was just fine, eating the second day i arrived.

12. brendywendy

brendywendy Well-Known Member

whats the picture in your avatar of vlad?

13. vladvancia

vladvancia New Member

well wendy i see there some bubbles... i don't know what kind of, sorry :D