How many can we handle?

Discussion in 'Florida Reptile Nuts' started by DR, Feb 5, 2004.

1. DR

DR Embryo

That is a rhetorical question, but damn, my wife works in a pets store, and is offered some form of reptile from customers at least once every other month. I didn't get to bed until late last night because we drove to a customers and picked up her, now our, female Ball python, complete with long 55 gal. tank w/ stand, under tank, flourescent fixture, substrate, well....you get the picture. We just purchased a male captive bred Ball at last weekends reptile show here in Jax. Our adopted herps now include a fat beardie, a 6ft Columbian Red Tail w/enclosure, and a 2ft Ball. We have given a few to good homes prior to our total conversion to being reptophiles. These include a small Ball, and a male 7 1/2ft Redtail Boa. At the time, we weren't really into it (well, my wife was), and certainly didn't have the proper caging for that size Boa. Plus, our 3yr old son was a bit of a sissy about them. He has since changed his mind about snakes and such, and I have jumped in feet first with my eyes and ears open. Well anyway, I'm gonna start working on enclosures soon, to house our menagerie. 4 boids and a beardie. Man, who knows how many we'll have by the end of the year. I just hope one of her customers bought an Emerald and can't handle it's disposition, LOL. I guess I'll have to build an arboreal cage, and get some long tongs to feed with, or maybe some finches or parakeets to share the cage with. And I said I'd never have birds. :(

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

lol, yeah, the animals stock up quickly huh?

Good luck on the emerald, however unlikely, but there's always a rare chance, hehe :(

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

Much to my amazement, Va Reptile Rescue picked up an ETB as a stray!!!! If I remember the story correctly she was called out because there was strange looking green snake hiding in a tree in someone's front yard. When she got out there she found beautiful ETB hanging out in the tree. No matter what I tried I couldnt convince her to let me adopt it though :(

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Wow, lucky VA Reptile Rescue, hehe. Definitely not your every day sight :(