how old do you have to be for...

Discussion in 'Reptile Law & Legislation' started by Tico, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tico

Tico New Member

At what age are you allowed to get a exotic reptile licence.I heard that it's
    16 but i don't know.Does anyone know?.Because i'm thinking of getting
    an komodo Dragon,or an alligator.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. ecko_996

ecko_996 Member

Are you serious about owning a Komodo dragon or is this some kind of joke do you seriously think that even if it wernt illegal you could manage to afford one on the black market and then afford to feed and house such a mighty lizard.

Bradon

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. wreckwriter

wreckwriter Member

I'm sure the age is minimum 18, maybe 21.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Tico

Tico New Member

Yea i'm serious about getting a komodo ,as soon i can get a licence thats what i'm going for. I have enough room and could afford one.

Tico

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. ecko_996

ecko_996 Member

Are you serious you can house and feed a 10' 240 lbs Komodo and you have the more than $100,000 black market price and you can supply it with close to 200 lbs of meat at every feeding. come on pal grow up.

Bradon

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. gadd19

gadd19 Member

i dont know where you live, but owning a komodo dragon here his illegal.
    also, we dont need an exotic reptiles licence up her in canada, nor have i ever heard anyone needing one....venomous reptile licence is a different story. and thats 18...

12. Tico

Tico New Member

Where you live you probaly can't own a komodo,but where i live you can whith a specific licence.when i'm a little older i can get a licence for owning a komodo dragon and other things also.
    I wouldn't keep it in my house i'd by some land and get a permit to build a huge cage.
    Yes i coul'd afford the food and supplies.

13. ecko_996

ecko_996 Member

Im sorry but the sale and trade in Komodo dragons is prohibited it does not matter where you live this is a matter of international law. By the way where do you live? And if you dont mind me asking how old are you?

Bradon

14. Tico

Tico New Member

I live in florida and i'm 16.Here you eather got to have a licence and or
    a special permit to own one.

15. wreckwriter

wreckwriter Member

Here's the Florida requirements for a class 1 license: good luck...

(5) Qualification requirements for a permit to possess Class I and II wildlife:

(a) All applicants shall qualify for permits as follows:

1. Age Requirement: Applicants to possess Class I or Class II wildlife shall be at least 18 years of age.

2. Applicants shall not have been convicted of any violation of captive wildlife regulations, any offense involving the illegal commercialization of wildlife, or offenses involving cruelty to animals, within three (3) years of the date of application.

3. Experience Requirement for Class I permits:

1. Applicants shall demonstrate no less than one (1) year of substantial practical experience (to consist of no less than 1000 hours) in the care, feeding, handling and husbandry of the species for which the permit is sought, or other species, within the same biological order (except ratites which shall be in the same biological sub-order) which are substantially similar in size, characteristics, care and nutritional requirements to the species for which the permit is sought.

2. For purposes of demonstrating compliance, applicants shall submit documentation of such experience, including:

1. A description of the specific experience acquired.

2. The dates the experience was obtained and the specific location(s) where acquired.

3. References of no less than two (2) individuals having personal knowledge of the applicant's stated experience. Additional documentation may include records of prior permits for the keeping of captive wildlife, employment records, and any other competent documentation of the requisite experience.

3. Documented educational experience in zoology or other relevant biological sciences, obtained at the college or technical school level or above, may substitute for up to six months or 500 hours of the required experience.

16. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

You won't get a Komodo license.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.