How to make long avatars????

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by brittone05, Jan 13, 2006.

1. brittone05

brittone05 Well-Known Member

I notice that a lot of you have a banner type avatar at the bottom where your posts end. Can anyone tell me how you make them or where you get them from please?

I am not too knowledgable on things like that yet and as I've just had to do a system restore on my computer, I don't have my Adobe and stuff on it anymore.

Any help would be great, thanks :)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. DaCubs

DaCubs Well-Known Member

Those are actually signatures. If you go to your profile (link at the top of the page, "Profile") you can add a signature.
    Just be sure to follow the rules on sigs, which are in the general forum rules.
    As far as getting a picture in there, you'd probably have to edit a picture in photoshop or similar in order to fit it within the requirements. If you have Windows, there's a couple programs built-in that let you edit the dimensions and file size of a picture.

Signatures
    * Signatures must be no more than 3 lines of text (1 line being a screen-width at 800x600 resolution), and may contain up to ONE (1) link to an external URL.
    * Signatures may, alternatively, consist of a single image up to 468x60 pixels in size and up to 10KB in filesize, as well as a single line of text. Again, you may only link to a single URL. You could have both your image & text point to the same URL, but they must not point to different URLs.
    * Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc. While signatures may include a link, your signature is not to be used for the purposes of spam and begging users to click or join your site will not be tolerated.
    * We do not allow promotion or linking to other reptile forums in signatures. If these links, banners, or promotional text are found, they will be removed from the user's signature and the user warned. A second breach of this rule will result in a ban.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. brittone05

Thank you DaCubs. I still don't think I will be able to do it though!!! I could probably get my pics in a line but that would be my limit. I will have a try all the same though.

Thanks ;)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. bratspets

bratspets Member

Think positive Britt...you can do it!
    I'd like to know how to do an animated avatar...those are cute.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. brittone05

I know brats but I'm not too good with the whole editing thing!! I am downloading Adobe now though so hopefully I will be able to do something ;)

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. D00M

D00M Well-Known Member

I simply open up my Paint Shop Pro 8 and make a 468x60 graphic and post it in my signature. Not hard at all ;) Good luck with it.

12. brittone05

So how do I put my pics in there and make them look like theyr'e supposed to be there, not just stuck on top of a predone background???? I have rarely worked with paintshop so wouldn't have a clue - it is STILL downloading lol

13. D00M

D00M Well-Known Member

Well to post images in your signature you can use the BB code:

Code:

[IMG]www.imageurl.com/image.jpg[/IMG]
    I dont know what you mean "Making it look likes it belongs". Maybe you could elaborate more?[/code]

14. brittone05

I sort of mean like the egdes look smooth and stuff. I know about airbrushing and stuff but I don't think I have the ability to actually make my pictures blend in to the whole subject. I don't want the edges of them to be really noticable!

thanks for your help though Doom ;)

15. bratspets

bratspets Member

Re: RE: How to make long avatars????

Me either, me either...