HSUS is the enemy

Discussion in 'Reptile Law & Legislation' started by snakemaster1, Aug 15, 2009.

1. snakemaster1

snakemaster1 Embryo

HSUS is the Enemy!
    The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) is the Enemy of the Reptile Nation! They prey on the uneducated. They use their money to gain favor in Washington, DC. They pluck at the heartstrings of the animal loving American public. Their message is misleading. They count on their name creating confusion and implying that they have something to do with local Humane Societies. They do not take care of puppies and kittens. They have nothing to do with your local Humane Society. They are the most powerful Animal Rights (AR) group on the planet. Their agenda is to end ALL animal ownership and use. They oppose hunting, fishing, livestock farming, bio-medical research and pets... including traditional pets. They raise money by targeting students and senior citizens with photographs of abused animals and implying that the money they raise goes to the care of these animals. HSUS DOES NOT TAKE CARE OF ANIMALS! 90% of the funds they raise go toward salaries, administration and lobbying for the AR agenda of ending ALL animal ownership and use. HSUS is extremely well funded and is dedicated to destroying the Reptile Nation. They hope to use the current interest in invasive species and the Burmese Python as a tool to destroy our community. They do not operate using facts or science. They are spreading misinformation, wild exaggerations and emotionally charged rhetoric in an effort to use current legislative proposals to end the trade in reptiles. Do not let them succeed. Help USARK to expose them for what they are... AR EXTREMISTS! HSUS is the Mortal Enemy of the Reptile Nation!
    Click here to donate $10 with dollar for dollar matching from Zoo Med
    http://usark.org/donate.php
    Click here to Join The Reptile Nation with dollar for dollar matching from Zoo Med
    http://www.usark.org/join.php

HSUS is the Number 1 Enemy of the Reptile Nation. They are DANGEROUS EXTREMISTS that will stop at nothing to destroy us. The Following is HSUS Propaganda:

http://www.hsus.org/web-files/PDF/wildlife...hons_081009.pdf

http://www.hsus.org/press_and_publications...ors_081009.html

The HSUS Calls for Comprehensive State and Federal Action on Large Constrictor Snakes

August 10, 2009

Today, The Humane Society of the United States, the nation's largest animal protection organization, applauded the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission for considering a prohibition on possession and sales of all reptiles of concern as pets. This regulatory action would complement pending federal legislation, also supported by The HSUS, to prohibit importation and interstate trade in certain constrictor snakes for the pet trade.
    In a letter to the FWC, The HSUS highlighted the recent tragic death of a Florida toddler and proliferation of Burmese pythons in the Everglades as reasons to take swift action to stop the influx of large constrictor snakes, prevent the spread of Burmese pythons and prevent the introduction of other species. The HSUS also urged the FWC to take a proactive and comprehensive approach and not just focus on a limited number of species, so that the problem is not simply shifted to other dangerous reptiles, such as anacondas. Once they become established, removing invasive species is expensive and sometimes impossible.
    "We urge the FWC to look to take broader, proactive measures this year to stop the importation into the state, breeding, sale and acquisition of all reptiles of concern, including all anacondas, before another child is injured or killed, and another invasive species becomes established in the wild," wrote Jennifer Hobgood, Florida state director for The HSUS. "If we do not address these problems now, we will have failed just as policy makers failed in not banning the trade in Burmese pythons a decade or two decades ago."
    States generally regulate which animals can be possessed and sold within their borders, while the federal government oversees international and interstate trade, making both state and federal action necessary. The HSUS supports legislation introduced in the U.S. Senate (S. 373) by Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla., and in the U.S. House of Representatives (H.R. 2811) by Rep. Kendrick Meek, D-Fla., to prohibit importation and interstate commerce in certain constrictor snakes. In addition, The HSUS supports legislation expected to be introduced in the Florida legislature to ban the import, sales and acquisitions of all reptiles of concern.
    The HSUS emphasizes that these measures must address all large constrictor snakes. If restrictions are placed only on a few species, the trade will shift to other species. This trend is already evident. The number of Burmese pythons imported into the United States dropped from about 14,000 in 2002 to 1,500 in 2006. The trade moved to captive bred animals and imports of other species. Imports of reticulated pythons increased from about 5,000 to 13,000 and anacondas increased from about 1,200 to 11,000 over this period.
    Facts
    Florida lists Burmese/Indian pythons, African rock pythons, amethystine pythons, reticulated pythons, green anacondas and Nile monitor lizards as "reptiles of concern," which currently require a permit and microchip to keep as pets.
    Including all reptiles of concern is essential, and any action should include all anacondas, not just green anacondas, which are currently the only anaconda species listed as a reptile of concern. Yellow anacondas can also grow beyond 10 feet long and threaten people and wildlife.
    The U.S. House Judiciary Committee amended and approved H.R. 2811 on July 29. As introduced, the bill would have covered a range of python species. The committee amended the bill to cover only the subspecies Burmese pythons and species African rock pythons. The bill now moves to the full House for consideration.
    A hunt for Burmese pythons in Florida is unlikely to make a dent in the problem because of the snakes' remarkable reproductive capacity and ability to blend into the environment.
    -30-
    Follow The HSUS on Twitter.
    The Humane Society of the United States is the nation's largest animal protection organization — backed by 11 million Americans, or one of every 28. For more than a half-century, The HSUS has been fighting for the protection of all animals through advocacy, education, and hands-on programs. Celebrating animals and confronting cruelty — On the web at humanesociety.org.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but I think Washington is far more worried about the real extremists. Its articles like this that actually damage the cause.

The fact is they have a strong well thought out case, and your average US Politician doesn't keep Reptiles, thus making the support in favour of the well thought out case, the only way to combat this is another well thought out case.

Something like, the US Economy benefits greatly, the non-necessity good is a sign of wealth in many an American home. Keeping pets is a fundamental part of the Constitution, and so a right for every American.

Its also rather Ironic, 4 people have died since 2006 from Pythons. How many die each day from gun crime?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

i understand that they want animal freedom. that's what i see. i know that i'm not doing the right thing to keep animals but this is my hobby. what do they want from herpers?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. ginnafer

ginnafer Member

They want everything, they have views similair to PETA's that dogs shouldnt be domesticated and kept as pets. I used to think the Humane Society was good, but I was wrong on that one. I didnt think PETA had that much pull on them but they do. They spend all their money lobbying, not on the sad faces of animals they send you in the mail saying their going to save.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. snakemaster1

snakemaster1 Embryo

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. jingjing52

jingjing52 Embryo

12. froggymatt

froggymatt Embryo

wow...went to their website and what can i say ...wow....such liars in suits..and i'm not talking about politicians for once!