Huge vivs!

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by Ryan1990, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Ryan1990

Ryan1990 Well-Known Member

I realise for some of the BIG monitors such as nile and savvanah, you need massive tanks! but excatly how big?? And I would love to see some pics of these really big tanks, I just seen clarinets and think its very smart how she has done it! But can you actually get tanks/vivs as big as you need or are most kept in sectioned off parts, rooms or outdoor/indoor homemade enclosures?? Please post some pics ;) Thanks

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. mutt225

mutt225 New Member

nope your pretty much going to need to make it its own enclosure, Cant really buy one that big and if you could the price has to be up there and in the end it will be cheaper just to build one.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. clarinet45

clarinet45 Well-Known Member

cagesbydesign.com has some AWESOME wall tanks, and you can [as the name suggests] have them build you custom dimensions. depending on whether you have a terrestrial or aboreal monitor or such. Very pricey, but they are beautiful. a 5wX5tX12long tank by them would start at $3k.
    I plan on doing the same thing with bricks and plexiglass, for probably less than $300, but far less 'pretty'.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. mutt225

mutt225 New Member

Those cages are all show and a big waste of money IMO.....

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. crocdoc

crocdoc New Member

here you go, Ryan

This isn't a massive enclosure, it's 2.4m x 2.4m x 1.2m (8 x 8 x 4 feet), but it fills up a good chunk of the room.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It currently houses one pair of lace monitors. The centre partition is removable and I use it to separate the pair when the female is nesting.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Ryan1990

RE: here you go, Ryan

That is amazing, did you build it yourself?? It looks real nice though. I would never be able to get a monitor, havnt got the room, money or time :) but they are cool. Plus the vivs on are really cool! Ones 14 foot long!!

12. clarinet45

clarinet45 Well-Known Member

kudos on that viv! it's awesome!

13. Ryan1990

Anymore?? Kepp photos coming, I dont know why but I really do love seeing other peoples vivs!! :)

14. lovemylizards

lovemylizards Member

lace monitors are amazing... you are lucky to have them... beautiful setup... *jelous*

15. CycloneHWT

CycloneHWT New Member

that is just an awesome enclosure.....when i get going on my career I am going to save up and do something like that I just need to decide what type of monitor I want lol

16. Ryan1990

Anymore pics?? plz I am being cheeky but really do want to see these big vivs please.

17. barlifter

barlifter New Member

wow how long do monitors usually get