Hurt bird

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by Freaky_pete, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Freaky_pete

Freaky_pete Well-Known Member

My sisters cats got another one but this ones still alive.. and I have to good of a heart to let it die or get eaten.. what should I do for the night till the bird hospital is open on monday?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. ~}Bastet{~

~}Bastet{~ New Member

I would be suprised if it would live throught the night :D ,
    as it would more then likely die from shock, is it in a bad way?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Freaky_pete

Its gone... I went to go pick it up and I put a towle around it and it flew off

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. *~Amanda~*

*~Amanda~* Member

i remeber during the summer when i had a baby bird! it was blind, and i was feeding it from sun up every half hour till the sun went down for 4 days! then the 5th day it died, when i was feeding it! it was a baby sparrow! but yeah! its burried in my backyard right now! my back yard is like a cemtery for dead animals that i had and wild animals!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Freaky_pete

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. *~Amanda~*

*~Amanda~* Member

yeah... i still think it would've been awesome to have a baby bird to take care of.. maybe i should breed my birds! since they are a male and a female! i think i will! lol

12. LTGRguy

LTGRguy Embryo

ya just make sure u r good and ready to take care of em tho, but i'm sure i dont have to tell u that, if u do tho have fun and good luck

13. Freaky_pete

I want a pet bird really bad LOL.. the hawk left me :D I want a mawa or somthing along those lines

14. KaMiKaZeE

KaMiKaZeE Member

Maybe we should revive the age old hobby of falconry around here, lol! :D

15. *~Amanda~*

*~Amanda~* Member

lol.. i'm gonna wait till i have enough money to buy the baby bird food, the nest and really the stuff i need! lol, but yeah! birds are fun! lol.. anyways! lol

16. kephy

kephy Moderator

You make it sound like this has happened before. Does your sister let her cats outside on purpose? Maybe if you talked to her, let her know the dangers to her cats and to the wildlife by letting them roam outdoors.

17. *~Amanda~*

*~Amanda~* Member

yeah i would rasie ducks.. but we had to stop for awhile because everybody was letting there cats outside! so just in case we are keeping our next ducks in a rabbit pen!

18. kephy

kephy Moderator

Ducks? Wow, that's something else. Are they pets, or is there a specific reason you keep them?

Baby ducks are about the cutest things in the world.

19. wolfwood

wolfwood New Member

Last month i saw a baby dove walking across the street and went to see why it was walking and not flying. Well I got there and i saw that it had a hole in its neck. So i asked my what to do and he said to just leave it, but having a soft spot for birds i took it to the Ogden Nature Center and they said with a little bit of sewing it would be fine. So now it has a nice home in the Nature Center.:)

20. *~Amanda~*

*~Amanda~* Member

the ducks are Mallerds, and when they are ready to be let go.. we bring them up to my cabin and let them go! we really dont have a problem letting them go.. but there was these ducks we had that would not leave! but they did end up leaveing us.. so yeah, they do come back (the females) to where we let them go and they bring there babies! its soooo cool see them again! but then you have no idea which one it is! lol

21. Freaky_pete

Kephy, If the cats dont go out I think the'd go crazy and like turn there antention to my dragon.,.. LOL and these cats are smart.. they have sneeked out a bunch of times.. theres no stoping them... and this will only be the second time its happend..

22. kephy

kephy Moderator

Sneaking out is one thing, heck even my cat sneaks out sometimes, but I go out and catch him right away. I'd never let him out on purpose. Too many things could happen. Cars, disease, dogs, etc.

There are plenty of things to keep them occupied indoors. Hunting a feather on a string is a good replacement for hunting a live bird. It's a sacrifice they live with for their safety. And I've never met a cat who didn't like a feather on a string. :)