I almost cried...

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by Saucy, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Saucy

Saucy Well-Known Member

I got to work today (at Petco) and notice we still haven't gotten in any reptiles... so I go into the Wellness room and chat with our small animals person. I see about 25 little deli cups sitting on our mini-fridge with baby leos in them. I'm like, "Finally! How cute!!" We've been waiting for weeks for these to come in!

She turns to me and says, "They're all dead..." And they were... all 25 of them... some idiot didn't bother to put a heat back in the box with them... they got too cold. I live in Wisconsin... and it's been in the low 40s overnight here lately. I almost broke down right there. My manager was VERY upset not just for the bad shipment, but because all those babies never had a chance at life.

It's getting to be the cooler season... If you're shipping out anywhere, CHECK THE WEATHER THERE FIRST!!! Even if it's warm by you, it may not be by them.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. severenecrovomit

severenecrovomit New Member

aww that is so horrible and sad :D

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. uk_angel

uk_angel New Member

so sad :)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

so sad...but I question this supplier, I mean, how could they not have known?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

That really sucks. Poor things! :)

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Blankminded

Blankminded Member

i know the feeling. I work at petsmart and we just got out shipment of leos in and i was really scared of the same thing. I was s0o0o worried that this would happen but when they came in there ok due to a heat pack. I also noticed or never realized htat we get all of our leos from Ron Tremper. I was shocked when i saw the order forum and it said his name on it. I never would have guessed he ships to big chain companies. I really feel bad about what happen tot hem and ur manager should diff give that supplier a call and not only refund the leos (of course) but make sure that they start heating the rest of there reptile so this doesnt happen again.

12. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

oh my god that terrible!! Stupid stupid distributer/breeder. :)

13. BSB

BSB Well-Known Member

That's Terrible! I just got my blazing blizzards into and thankfully they are just fine.

14. elums

elums Member

That is really sad. :cry:

15. iGorx

iGorx Member

thats sad. you guys should really change the supplier and contact him for being such a retard. hope it all gets resolved and you dont buy from him again

16. ArchimedesArtifex

ArchimedesArtifex Member

At least Pets Mart has a live arrival garuntee.

17. Menthol

Menthol New Member

Terrible loss.