i am thanking about getting a baby crestie

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by lisa owens, Jun 20, 2012.

1. lisa owens

lisa owens Well-Known Member

do crestie make good pets? i found some one that has some for 25 dollars they are babies what do they need are they easy to care for any info would be great.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Sharman Wisdom

Sharman Wisdom HOTM Winner December

They are my favorite geckos. Feed them small crickets and Repashy crested diet.I feed and mist mine at night. Provide a hide place, plants, branches for climbing. My baby was kept in a 15 gallon tank now in a 20high. Let me know if you need more info

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Sharman Wisdom

Sharman Wisdom HOTM Winner December

And they are friendly and easy to care for!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

They are a temperate species and like things at room temp, which makes them quite appealing to most because the average household provides optimal temperatures and therefore no need for any lighting or heat source. Keep them in the 70's and they will thrive, do not exceed 85 degrees and do not go below 65 for extended periods of time.

As Sharman Wisdom said, they are quite easy, and they make great pets. Crested geckos are probably my favorite gecko that I have kept. We can give you all the info you need on proper care, etc just let us know!

Here is a very good basic caresheet to guide you:
    www.pangeareptile.com/store/crested-gecko-care-sheet-en.html