I had a cricket escape on me in my house.

Discussion in 'Feeder Forum' started by rayf01, Oct 5, 2006.

1. JV

JV New Member

I've got my crickets in a 29 gal tank, and so far have only had one escape, and my roomate brought it back to me haha. but... I've only had them in that for a few weeks... so we'll see how that goes. I sure hope they hurry up and lay eggs in their tank, I am tired of buying a bunch of crickets every week!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. jpstod

jpstod New Member

I find House Gecko running around the House will solve a loose cricket problem.............roaches also.
    We started finding baby House Geckos around the House.....Didn't Realize they were native to North Texas. They got me into Vivariums. I caught one and put him/her in a Tank. I have seen as many as 20 running around the House at a given time. No More Crickets or Roaches, spiders, or any other creepy crawlers

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. scotto

scotto New Member

I thought that smaller crickets didn't make noise? I've been feeding my 2 Grass Lizards for 3 months now and haven't had any crickets make any noise so far.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. trapieter

trapieter Member

I've always been lucky too, my crickets don'y chirp either and we have a hell of alot of escapees! discovered the glass runner wasn't flush with the viv and they had been escaping from there over weeks every feed time... nice! we have three cats and they all have the same attitude.. " in my own time honey, he'll be back" grrr
    its ok though because they tend to come and watch tv with me late at night lol! so I catch them then ;)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. lollapalooza

lollapalooza Member

My Dad was looking for a tool today and he found 3 dead full grown skeletons of crickets, hehehe.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. trapieter

trapieter Member

hahahah love it.