I have a 30 Gallon Thank that is Empty

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by Sacha, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Sacha

Sacha New Member

Should I get a Corn Snake or a Leopard Gecko? I currently own a Ball Python, and I never had either of the reptiles mentioned above. What are the cons and pros of each one?

Thank you!!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

There are no cons to a Leo :D They are great little pets and fairly easy to keep, actually, in some ways a lot like a BP or Corn. They should all have UTH's for heat, hides on both sides, don't need special lighting etc...the set ups are very similar for all (except substrate, Leo's need to stay on a solid substrate, snakes can be on Aspen shavings). Leo's will get to know you, will want to come out for a visit (most do anyway) and are big goof balls. I don't know how active BP's are, but do know that I see the Leo's out and wandering a lot more than I see our Corn out. The snakes here really do wait for the lights to go out before they come out, but the Leo's just hang out right out in the open now, any time of day. Yup, no cons for a Leo!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Aries123

Aries123 New Member

Yeah you should get a leo all the way they are not escape artists like corn snakes and they are the great pets. You should get a leo.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. ArchimedesArtifex

ArchimedesArtifex Member

They are both easy to keep, corn snakes being easier. As long as you keep them around 75 F. and feed them a mouse once a week and clean their cage afterwards. Leopards need a calcium dish, and a UV light wouldn't hurt. Leos have more of a personality, though corns are the easiest snake to keep. It's up to you, just read up more on all the possibilities for your next pet and have the enclosure ready before purchasing.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. BigS06

BigS06 Member

Get a Leo!!! They sleep funny, and twitch in their sleep lolz :lol: