I love Credit Cards!!!

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by JLExotics, Feb 1, 2005.

1. JLExotics

JLExotics New Member

If it weren't for paying for the pair of tegus with a Credit Card I wouldn't be getting my money back. LOL I was even told "I'll press charges, and my dad's a laywer". Funny thing is I wasn't the one that did something wrong! Anyways This is a minor setback. I'm only out $60 (shipping them back). I'll continue to look for blue and albino blue tegus.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Floyd_Is_My_Beardie

Floyd_Is_My_Beardie Member

what happened?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

I'm confused. Did you send a pair back to the breeder or something?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. JLExotics

JLExotics New Member

I don't know if you are allowed to link to other sites but I'm going to link my BOI post (may be deleted by Mod). They were sent back (COD - I will not be losing on shipping). I have plans in which I'll start another topic on.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/sho...ead.php?t=63372

I'd be more then happy to copy/paste the post if need be.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Oscar

Oscar Member

yesh... talk about a horror story.... so did you get them shipped back? And is she picking them up??? I mean I know you didn't get what yuou ordered, and that you are in your rights to ship them back, but I am a little concerned about the animals as well... she should be reported to someone as well... for fraud at least.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. JLExotics

JLExotics New Member

She's on Fauna, reporting for fraud isn't going to get me anywhere. She has a tracking number and as far as I know will be picking up her animals.

12. yesITis

yesITis New Member

i know this thread has been up for a while but im just now reading it..on fuana when you told people that story..those people were **not very nice***...they were like you should get out of the business... By what ive seen you have some of the nicest lookin tegus ive ever seen. The Herp business has been going down hill fast in the last 5 years.

****edited by Ed_r for language

13. JLExotics

JLExotics New Member

You should of read the first page my friend. They took some of the things I said the wrong way and it was all figured out. Well basicly these tegus I've sent back have been sitting in a box for 5 days as the lady DENIED them 2 TIMES!!! I'm PRAYING they are still alive as they are on their way back to me. If they are she won't be getting them back as I plan on pounding them with food and anything I give them she will pay for if she wants them back! My time, my feed costs, as well as the money I already spent shipping them back. Can't wait till my CC gives me my money back and she gives me a call!!! Anyways till then the tegus are in my prayers!

14. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

I wish the best for those Tegus.... sounds like they were in poor condition when you got them, then to endure the stress of 5 days in a box without food and water.

15. wideglide

wideglide Well-Known Member

If she first said she wouldn't give you an address did she later confirm she would accept the Tegus once you shipped them? I mean maybe everything is fine but just going by what I've read it still looks like you shipped those animals back without any kind of certainty they would be accepted. Giving the lady a tracking number doesn't explain squat. You may want to clarify the situation a little better because right now you're still looking pretty inconsiderate of the animals from my perspective and I doubt I'm alone. Please take this as feedback and not criticism at this point.

16. JLExotics

JLExotics New Member

She told me how much she loved the animals. Her boyfriend said I could ship them back but I wouldn't be getting the money back. Megan herself also said the same thing. Why she refused the package is crazy, I have no idea. She hasn't tried to call me or anything. If I wanted to kill animals I wouldn't spend money shipping them to do it.

17. wideglide

That explains it a little better. Again that was only feedback for you. I don't think you want to kill any animals I wanted to make sure whoever reads this didn't have the same questions I did. See what I'm sayin', John?

18. JLExotics

JLExotics New Member

Yes I got ya, No problem. All I can do at this point is pray for the little guys. Although I didn't want a B & W if he's still alive it will be hard to get rid of him! Megan will NOT be getting these animals back unless: I get the $97 for shipping in which she didn't except the package 2 times, Pays shipping of $97 AGAIN, pays for my time/headache $50 (I had to take off work to ship), Feeding costs (which will add up VERY fast considering the female just dropped eggs 1 month ago, probably infertile... and the male had been burmating, and any other costs that have come up like housing. I highly doubt she will pay and the longer I have them the more the price will go up. She will have approx 1 month to send me the money then she will not be recieving them back. This will hopefully turn out to be her complete loss, and a lesson well learned. I wish this deal could of gone as planned and saved everyone the headache, why do people pull this crap?

19. Virginia

Virginia New Member

That's horrible. They're living things, not some used crap you put on eBay!!! Good luck John (for you and the Tegus) I hope everything works out ok.

20. wideglide

Very good question.

21. JLExotics

JLExotics New Member

Well my package has arrived and is sitting at the UPS Store right now. On my break I'm going to pick it up. All I can do right now is pray! If they are alive she won't be getting them back untill she pays me some good money back! After 1 month (do to feeding costs and so on) she can completely forget about getting them back all together. I'll let everyone know what happens.

22. JLExotics

JLExotics New Member

Well I'm very pleased to announce that the tegus are back in my hands safe and sound. They will be fed like crazy and given a nice long soak. I opened the box to see nothing moving and it was cold inside. When I reached in and pulled one out both started moving. Needless to say I'm very happy and they will now have a great home. If their owner wants them back she will have to pay up. Once a month passes she won't even have a chance at getting them back.

23. wideglide

That is a relief!! Looks like you've probably got 'em for good. At least, for the animals sake, I hope so!!!

24. Oscar

Oscar Member

glad you got them back alive.... keep us posted on thier progress, and if the lady tries to contact you...

25. JLExotics

JLExotics New Member

Can't wait to leave work and get them home! I'll be thawing out a few rats tonight to see if they will take anything (I hope). A soak for sure as I'm willing to bet they are thirsty! I leave in 2 1/2 hrs so I'll be able to get them in a good sized enclosure soon! I still can't believe after everything she told me including the fact that I could ship them back and then refused them. The animals are safely in my hands. I WILL NOT ship them back to her, she will have to come pick them up in person if she wants them back. Oh and did I mention besides her plane ticket or gas money she will have spent getting down I still want my money for shipping and feeding ect! I'm keeping these animals!