I nearly KILLED Elune!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Boas' started by teiryklav, Mar 6, 2009.

1. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

sorry i have been in an exam this week, but now im having some free time. two days ago, i take elune for a lil bask. then i do my work in the same floor. a thirty minutes later i have forgotten her and when i got back, i saw her struggling and gasping her mouth! HOLY COW!
    im so panic and without knowing the right thing to do, (i think this is the best thing) i immediately washed her with cool water. then she was calm again. but she was lethargic. but yesterday and today i checked her out again and she was alright. THANK GOD!!
    :)
    i'll be looking if she wanted to eat tomorrow or few days later..
    :p

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. bruno

bruno Moderator

I'm glad she's OK, it may take a few days for her to settle down again, she may not eat either, but dont worry I'm sure she will be ok, just give her plenty of water to soak in, if she will or keep her well misted.
    We all make mistakes sometimes and I'm sure this will never happen again, must have been a shock to you as well a distress for snake.
    Glad it's worked out Ok.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. jeepnphreak

jeepnphreak Member

Sound like Elune got a bit over heated. I think you did the righ thing cooling her down with water.
    Keep her misted and allow her to retearn back to normal body temperure.
    She may or may no eat for a bit, depending on how much she got stressed out.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

ow thx. but i think a very heated body shouldnt take something very cool because that can cause shock, so i thought that twice before doing, (i did that either)

yea i see. om not offering her for a while,
    hey do you think its alright when snake dont want to eat, but i offer him some food, and the house gecko suddenly jump to his head?
    my lizard got the same thing, the crix walked over his body,
    can this caues stress?

thk :p