I really think my snake is dead HELP

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by kwilson, May 30, 2010.

1. kwilson

kwilson Embryo

I went to feed my snake today and noticed she wouldnt eat i was in a rush so i didnt get a good look at her untill this evening. she was infested with mites! so i jumped on the internet and read a bunch of info about how to get rid of them. saw that vets recomend quarentine and cleaning the tank and contence. also to saok for 30 min in a diluted betadine bath (3/4 bath tub tea looking water) so i put her in there adn she was fine swiming and such then she quit swimming looked like she was just resting I checked on her frequently (probibly a dumb idea) but i had to dump the infested shavings and so i check on her one time and pull her out of the water bc she looks to be under it but wasnt held her for a bit and put her back it hadnt been 30 min thought maybe she needed something to lay on to stay above water came back and she was head under with her mouth open i freaked pulled her out and saw her spit out water held her and litely rubed her and felt she was cold. now she's not moving very much very mild movments if any and am trying to warm her with a lite and pad but im scared dont know what to do. i cant tell if she'd dead, dieing or just nearly drowned or poisened. eirther way i feel horribble i thought i was helping, its sunday here and all the vets are closed so i dont know what to do or think please help anyone who knows more info. im a first time snake owner and i have no clue if i just killed my baby. ps just checked her she is warming up a little but she under a lamp with bedding.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

all you can do right now is to tey to kae sure her enclosure is in perfect condition until you can get to a vet. other than that im not sure if there is much you can do