I think my Iguana displaced his elbow, what should i do?

Discussion in 'Florida Reptile Nuts' started by Jeremiahheath, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Jeremiahheath

Jeremiahheath Embryo

;) I adopted a five year old iguana named Bazil about 4 days ago. When i picked him up from his previous owner nothing seems to be wrong with im, but when i got home i noticed that he wasnt using his right front leg. He wouldnt want to walk on it or climb with it. Ive been watching him for the last few days and he doesnt have any range of motion in the elbow, his shoulder seems fine. His arm also looks slightly disfigured, I dont know if i should try to reset it myself or what. Please if anyone can give me some advice!!
    thank you jeremiah

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. mango95

mango95 New Member

I think that you should contact the breeder. If you have the breeders contact information you should ask if the breeder ever saw him use his bad leg. If the breeder can't help you then you might want to get the lil' guy checked out. You never want to try to set his leg back into place. Reptiles are not like humans they are so fragile and delicate and their skeletal system is so much smaller compared to ours. One wrong move and you could hurt him even more. I hope he turns out to be okay. Good Luck!