If You Could Have Any Snake In The World, Which Would It Be?

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by Karlee, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Karlee

Karlee Member

I posted this out of curiousity. I would probably get a Western Hognose, my favorite snake.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator Staff Member

lizardgurl87 and Cammy like this.
  3. TrEeDrAgOn#6

TrEeDrAgOn#6 New Member

The Rainbow Boa:)

Cammy likes this.
  4. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

Cammy likes this.
  5. Karlee

Karlee Member

One day, I WILL get a Western Hognose Snake, they are my ultimate time favorite snake and I love their nose, I think it is adorable! And I hear how their venom will do nothing more than make you ill, which is really good for me. I love venomous snakes, but I dont want to run that risk of my life everytime I open its cage to feed it. I LOVE western hognose snakes! hhh.jpg

lizardgurl87, TrEeDrAgOn#6 and Cammy like this.
  6. JEFFREH

I'd barely classify them as a venomous snake (or least of any danger); they are incredbily common in the pet trade and can be purchased without a permit. Being rear-fanged; you'd almost have to force the snake to believe you are a food item and allow them to chew on you to release any kind of venom. Even still, it would probably just result in mild localized pain and swelling for a few hours unless you were allergic may the pain or swelling may be more extreme... I'd liken it to a bee sting if this is something that was a concern to you.

I'm with ya on their cute little faces though... always thought about getting into the hognose world. Their cute little guys = )

I'll always remember this little guy that myself and Cammy got to play with at a show:
    http://www.reptileboards.com/threads/random-phone-pics-from-columbus-show-d-duw.64524/
    ^third picture in...

Cammy likes this.
  7. Karlee

Karlee Member

Well, Im not too concerned with them biting me. I know they would have to chew you to get the mild venom (probably used for frogs and what not) into your system which will cause a fever at most. And they would probably give you a dry bite. I dont know any one stupid enough to handle its prey then handle the snake.

8. reptile boy

reptile boy New Member

i honestly dont, so many! i would want something vemous. just for the excitement

9. TrEeDrAgOn#6

TrEeDrAgOn#6 New Member

You should get one, I have a Hognose, and they are an amazing snake, i will have to post some pics of him.

JEFFREH likes this.
  10. JEFFREH

You should definitely post pics of your animals, we would love to see them = ) Welcome to the boards by the way!

11. TrEeDrAgOn#6

TrEeDrAgOn#6 New Member

[​IMG]
    This is my lill baby Hoggie :)

Attached Files:

• hog.jpg
      hog.jpg
      File size:
      29.4 KB
      Views:
  12. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

A GTP, Emerald Tree Boa(they are different, right?), and/or a Mandarin Rat Snake
    [​IMG]
    They are the most beautiful snake I've ever seen! :D Though, the down side is they musk :/ but, I still would like one.
    I'd of course still like a BP, but I plan on getting one soon :) The magpie's are awesome! There are so many morphs! :p I also love one that's panda or something? Someone told me about them-and they're amazing too! They all are in their own ways though.

TrEeDrAgOn#6 and Cammy like this.
  13. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  14. lizardgurl87

Epic!!! :D Those are sort of similar to the panda too

15. JEFFREH

There are too many ball python morphs that I would sell a body part for... you need to stop looking at them Brian, they'll suck you in and steal your soul! In the best possible way, of course = )

And Michelle, yep! They are two different species; both very beautiful snakes = ) [GTP v. Emerald Tree Boa]

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  16. mr_andrew

mr_andrew Member

I would love a mexican milk snake. Just because I love the colouring on them.

lizardgurl87 and TrEeDrAgOn#6 like this.
  17. geckolover22

geckolover22 Well-Known Member

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  18. lizardgurl87

Wow, the lyre snake's are cool too! I've never heard of them and do they have a rattle like rattlesnakes?

geckolover22 likes this.
  19. geckolover22

geckolover22 Well-Known Member

there native around here and no no rattle semi triangular head when puffed out and cat eyes

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  20. lizardgurl87

Well, cool! The rattler might be annoying too, like a frog calling. The eyes are just striking! :D

geckolover22 likes this.