Iguanna looking for Good Home

Discussion in 'Florida Reptile Nuts' started by luv4shrks, Oct 4, 2006.

1. luv4shrks

luv4shrks Embryo

My name is Tammy and I live in North Port, FL. I am the current owner of a Green Iguanna, bought from a pet store, and am looking to find him a new home. My iguanna, Godzilla, is about 2 years old and about 22 inches long, nose to tail. He is in great health, very well nourished and kept in a 2'x4'x3' enclosure with heat and UV lights. He eats only veges, mostly endive, yellow squash, kale and hybiscus flowers.

The reason I am no longer able to keep him is that he is getting very aggressive. I must admit that I did not stop to spend time with him every day to get him into a schedule and used to human hands. He now whips anything that tries to touch him and has bitten my husband. He is no longer a source of love and pleasure to me because I am scared of him. I do not have the time to work with him and correct the problem because I am six months pregnant. I love him dearly and want to see he go to a place where they know how to take care of iguannas, preferably have others or have had. It is not a good idea to have him around kids, unless you know what your doing, which I don't.

Please email me at luv4shrks@hotmail.com if you are interested. I have current pics that I can email for you to see him. I WILL NOT ship him so please be ready to pick him up. Any questions please do not hesitate to email. Thanks