I'm left life less, bolth my wd's have died...

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by goodiegodess, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goodiegodess

goodiegodess Member

:cry: On wednsday 5-15-07 my beloved 2 year old Stitch lost the battle and passed away calmly. He got a virus from my other wd (which died too). It was some kinda sickness, nothing I could do could save my baby boy. I'm so lonely now, I have no waterdragons, this wasn't my fault! I'd acthually had set up an apoinment for him to go see the vet on 5-18-07. I'm afraid to ever get another reptile because I think I'm stupid, and stink at taking care of them. But I'm not, people just think I am because I'm a not a adult. Well the very last memory I ever had with him when he was alive was I got him out to say good night and he rested his head on my shoulder and gave me this look like '...thankyou' (I'm in tears even typing this) then he kind borrowed up againest me and fell asleep. Thats the last living memory... ;) atleast it was a touching memory. Now whenever I hear that song from the titanic 'my heart will go on' I think of Lilly, and Stitch. I'm full of great sadness, and lonelyness, I almost went and got my little brother's guinea pig tom to turn to.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. goodiegodess

goodiegodess Member

RE: I

I give up, god this is so terriable. (sorry people but I cared about those water dragons to death and beyond) By the way, stitch is is the freezer. We burried Lilly on Sunday.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. kinyonga

kinyonga Member

I'm sorry you lost your dragon....I'm sure you loved them both.

You said that there was nothing you could have done to prevent it....when was the last time you took them to a vet?
    I hope you will wait for quite a while before you get any other reptiles so that you can learn more about them and their needs and what you must do to ensure that they survive. Perhaps you could transfer your attention to your frog for a while now?!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Katibug06

Katibug06 Member

I am very sorry for your loss. I don't think your water dragons caught anything though. i just don't think you could afford to care for them properly. Now you have experience and know how challenging and costly it can be so if you decide to purchase another reptile down the road you are better prepared.
    Sorry for your loss.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. goodiegodess

goodiegodess Member

I am waiting, also yes it was a sickness, because when he died he looked the same way lilly did when she died. Eyes were caved inwards, brown spots over the body, black around the mouth.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. goodiegodess

goodiegodess Member

Well I want something that's less high maitence, and that you can curl up with and pet and talk to without being insulted back. Here is what I've thought of... Ferret, Hedgehog, Sugar Glider, or if I win the lotterry I'll be getting a tea cup chiwawa, lol. But yeah, I'm waiting a long time, and I'll miss Stitch or Lilly curled up againest me when I'm sleeping. ;) Have you ever lost a reptile you loved a WHOLE WHOLE WHOLE bunch?

12. dumerillis_1986

dumerillis_1986 Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss but i am going to be honest. you could not care for a Water dragon. and you think you can care for a ferret or a hedgehog or a sugar glider?? those require TONS more money and Care than a water dragon and will be 10 times more expensive to take to the vet than your water dragons who you could not take to the vet and let die.

sorry that is just a very BAD idea.

13. kinyonga

kinyonga Member

I have lost quite a few reptiles that I loved dearly over the years and that I still miss....and/but when they were sick, I took them to the vets. If you are not ready to make that kind of commitment to a pet, then you shouldn't get one.

I will ask once again...when was the last time you took them to a vet?

I'm still sorry you had to lose them....but I'm sorrier that you seem to have learned little from their loss and that you still don't seem to realize that you learned little from it. I'm also sorry that they had to suffer.

I still hope you will wait a while before you get another pet.

14. Katibug06

Katibug06 Member

Are we all just wasting our breathe trying to help you? You ignore everything that is said to you because you don't want to hear it.
    You know they died because you could not care for them. I doubt it was an illness, reptiles take on that look when they die as gruesome as that sounds.
    You could have saved them, you could have taken them to the vet months ago when you knew there was something wrong with them, you could have given them to someone who could take care of them or you could have changed their setup. But you did nothing and now they are gone.
    I also hope you reconsider another pet. You are old enough to realize you can't take care of an animal properly.

15. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Member

I'm afraid I no longer feel sorry for your loss, they are better in rainbow bridge than they ever were with you. I have lost animals I care very deeply about, but it's only after a long and expensive fight. Just the other day I had the choice of taking my snake to a vet or buying some food for my cupboards. Needless to say the snake is feeling better after two injections and a full check up. That is how much I care about my animals - that I would move mountains for them. And it really upsets me when I see you paying no attention to our advice and instead just moving on to the next poor animal that will suffer. Now please go get a pet rock and leave the care of animals to people that really do care.

16. kephy

kephy Moderator

Just want to say I have ferrets and they are every bit as, if not more, high maintenance as reptiles. My ferrets are very expensive to feed, their toys are pricey (and I'm always getting new toys to keep them interested,) not to mention the hours of attention they need every single day. Also, ferrets are prone to diseases like adrenal, insulinoma, and lymphoma, they NEED regular vet visits, even when they don't seem very sick, to keep an eye out for these problems. When they do develope these problems (and so far 2 of my 3 ferrets have had adrenal and one has had insulinoma, so chances are high) they require expensive, and constant vet care.

My sister has had sugar gliders, and she says they are high maintenance too.

17. TwiceBorn

TwiceBorn New Member

Hmm, pet rock sounds wonderful.
    Okay, i would suggest that this thread be closed down. It will only fuel anger for those who get mad about people who don't listen to advise, and don't take care of they're pets properly. I am saddened. Not for you, but for your pets. If you never listen to anything we say than atleast hear this.
    Wait five years to get ANYTHING!

18. ICdeadcrickets

ICdeadcrickets Embryo

I would have to agree with twicw born, this thread needs to be closed, I have read every single post in this forum and there are months worth of posts by this little girl and the constant problems had with her dragons, All the conditions with the animals were due to one reason only and that was improper care and husbandry, and all help given was ignored or retaliated with insult or excuses, any help or advise has fallen on deaf ears, and i see nothing good coming from this post but more insults .

19. goodiegodess

goodiegodess Member

I think I'll get a rat.

20. dumerillis_1986

Goodiegodess you just said in your other post in general you hate rats, your brother owned a hamster or gerbil and you hate them they are boring blah blah blah blah. you are stressing me out. i can't sleep thinking another animal of ANY KIND will be under your care. i feel sorry for them before you even get them.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!READ THIS!!! YOU NEED TO GET YOUR MOM ON THESE FORUMS TO READ THE POSTS AND RESPONSES YOU HAVE MADE! THIS HAS BEEN SAID 100000000 TIMES AND HAS YET TO HAPPEN! IF SHE CAN NOT DO THIS THEN HOW IS SHE EVER GOING TO bE ABLE TO TAKE ANYTHING TO THE VET IF IT NEEDS IT! PLEASE rEAD THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND ACT ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Katibug06

Katibug06 Member

lol Dumerillis its actually stressing me out too,lol.
    Goodiegoddess- you have a dog, you have a frog and you do NOT need any more animals!!! Please do not purchase any more animals! Why do you refuse to listen to everyone!?
    If you do get another animal, I suggest not putting a photo on this forum, as no one on here will want to see what animal has fallen into your care!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. kinyonga

kinyonga Member

Perhaps goodiegodess is a troll...just posting here to cause frustration? If goodiegoddess were for real, the replies and comments from goodiegodess would be realistic...at least to some extent.
    The best option we have is not to reply to any of goodiegodess's posts AT ALL!!! I will not post an answer to goodiegodess again.

23. dumerillis_1986

Sounds good. i am with you. but i cant help myself from reading it and then crying to myself.

24. Katibug06

Katibug06 Member

Good point Kinyonga. I'm with you guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.