I'm reading stuff in the knowledgebase and some of it incor

Discussion in 'Other Colubrids' started by Rainey, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Rainey

Rainey New Member

I don't want to be a jerk or anything but I have noticed a couple errors in your cornsnake section of the knowledgebase.

In the intro to cornsnakes, it says that miamis are a color morph that come from selective breeding. They aren't really, I don't think. Miamis are just a normal corn found in a different region that the typical "normal". A miami, okeetee, and normal are basically all the same, they are just from different areas.

In Cornsnake morphs, I'm sure it's just a typo, but amelanism is a lack of black pigment, not red. I saw that it's also mentioning okeetee and miami's being selectively bred too. Now I know that Kathy selectively breeds her okeetees to show very thick black rings around the saddles, but an okeetee is just a brightly colored normal that is gerally found in a certain place.

Please correct me if I am wrong, I am open to that idea.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Thanks for the note on the morphs.. I missed that one. The others were written by Neil.

As for the Okeetee, I'll have to look into that. I honestly am not sure whether it is a regional or selectively bred trait. I THOUGHT it was selectively bred (at least recently). Maybe it is and it's just named after a few specimens that once lived in that region.

I dunno, like I said, I'll look into it :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Neil

Neil New Member

I'm very sorry for any mistakes I made but I got that Okeetee bit from a reliable source (either the cornsnakes.com forums or The Corn Snake Manual). As for the Amelanistc error, that must have just been a typo like you suggested. Sorry again.