I'm so proud of the petsmart by my house

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by mandatorychaos, Aug 29, 2006.

1. mandatorychaos

mandatorychaos Member

They're actually keepin their Leo's on repticarpet instead of sand unlike the other petsmarts and petcos in the area. Looks like I'll be shopping at this one exclusively.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. houdini1

houdini1 New Member

Glad to hear that, The one over in spokane about 30 minutes away from me is the same way. Its immaculate. The people are incredibly nice every time I go in there. Now even though the animals are in excellent condition I won't buy animals from any major chain petstores only because it makes room for more animals to be brought in and sold to people who have know knowledge of them. But I do buy supplies there. The Petco here on the other hand, its taken me a year of griping to them about their animals and the conditions they were in. Its improved drastically. They still have their leos on sand but I can't complain about how clean it is and how much better the animals look. I am still griping about the sand though, that will never stop unless they change.
    Kristy

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. mandatorychaos

mandatorychaos Member

I hear ya, I bought my cresties from petco. But I think I'm going to find a breeder when I get a Leo. The animals just aren't the same quality from the big chains. Although my cresties are pretty good, I don't like the Leo's I've seen at the stores.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. dna_splice

dna_splice Member

true that man. most chain pet shops negelct the happiness of the pets. they juss giv them food and heat. sad =

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. relyt92

relyt92 Member

All the ones around here are like that, reptile carpet, not overcrowded, they even give them calcium.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. HockeyHerper76

HockeyHerper76 Member

Ya, the closest petsmart to me keeps their leos on carpet too, but I would never buy animals from them...The past couple times Ive gone their they mixed species, such as gargoyle geckos with frogs or turtles, a fan footed gecko with a skink...iguanas or water dragons(dunno which) in with frogs and turtles...but luckily for both me and my brother the past 3 lizards we've bought from petco have been healthy

12. ryka

ryka Member

The petsmart near me take exelent care of their reptiles, they only get a few in at time and dont over crowd them. They do mix a few (anole and long tailed lizards) but besides that they are really good. They keep most of the reptiles on reptile carpet (which is always clean and tidy) and keep the others (like frogs and other animals that need humidity) on bed-a-beast. I have yet to see a sick looking animal in there. Pluss when they get new animals in they keep them on hold to make sure they are healthy! The guy in charge of reptiles there has a few and know what is good for them and whats not. He even tells people that they have to sell calcium sand in the store but he tells everyone how bad it is :) They dont sell to much calium sand there thanks to him.....

13. mandatorychaos

mandatorychaos Member

People who care make all the difference.

14. Tokaylove

Tokaylove Member

I work at a petsmart in colorado springs and all the stores here keep all the leos and beardies big and little on cage carpet, but the petcos around keep them on sand.

15. mandatorychaos

mandatorychaos Member

Petsmart seems to be better in terms of store appearance and quality than Petco's usually. I went to the petsmart by where I work today and they really cleaned up their act. There was only one animal per cage and the cresties they had under a heat lamp were now under the right temps.

16. lovemylizards

lovemylizards Member

my petsmart keeps almost everything on carpet. thats what policy says to put a lot of the juvenile reptiles on. if you read the caresheets, you will see that. and policy doesnt allow mixing species. so the stores that do that are breaking the corporate rules, and not for the better of the animals.

17. mandatorychaos

mandatorychaos Member

Come to think of it I did see a lady there the other day with a clip board and she was checking out all the cages, she was probably from corporate.