im sorry nemo and rocky

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by dogking, Feb 19, 2009.

1. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

About six months ago i picked up my first bearded dragon that i named rocky. For about a month he was energetic and sweet but then he declined in health. Rocky had a warranty so i brought him back to petco. A very kind petco employe took him to a vet and then they held him for a while. When i went to get him they told me that he had metabolic bone disease. for the next week we gave him meds and force fed him but he still declined. We decided to exchange him for a new beardie so i picked out nemo my second beardie. Rocky died on february 11, 2009 with a big heart. Nemo my second i had for four and a half happy and joyful months. Although he had a life of sickness and trauma he always seemed to be happy. On february 18, 2009 it became clear that something was wrong. i determined to go to the vet the next morning because all of the vets were closed. On thursday, february 18-19, between the times of 10pm and 7am nemo breathed his last. throughout this experience iv learned that they were not my pets they were my friends. I give glory to god because he brought them into my life and just as easily he took them out. Rest in peace rocky and nemo and i'm sorry for not being a better owner.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

RIP Rocky
    RIP Nemo

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. dogking

last night i buried nemo in my backyard and set up a memorial for them. :cry: it was so sad :)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. dogking

don't be shy!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. ikermalli

ikermalli Well-Known Member

RIP :D
    You should buy from breeders to avoid this

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. beefcake

beefcake Member

so did u take care of them right? or did they just die naturally?

12. dogking

i just adopted one and he's a beauty! Nemo died of a parasite that he apparently had before i bought him(he would not grow and was slowly declining). Rocky died of metabolic bone disease(which was not my fault. they recommended and sold me a cruddy uvb light).