Impulse Purchase

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by CoyoteNG, Sep 29, 2006.

1. CoyoteNG

CoyoteNG New Member

Okay, so a few days ago, I bought a 24"X"24"X18" Exo Terra terrarium. So, any suggestions on what I should put in it? Im posting this in a few forums, and i'm not sure if I should post it in the general area, or the habbitat area, or what. So any ideas would be great!

*moved to the General chat forum by Spot

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Aries123

Aries123 New Member

It sounds perfect for a crested gecko.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. ArchimedesArtifex

ArchimedesArtifex Member

Re: RE: Impulse Purchase

Sounds like a good idea to me.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

RE: Re: RE: Impulse Purchase

If you get a pet rock, be sure to paint a face on it, with a mouth. I know someone (Worleygurl :( ) who forgot to do that and her rock died. It was a terrible tragedy and so easily preventable too.
    Do research different reptiles and decide what is best for you...you are the one who is going to have to look at it for the next 15 years, feed it, water it, handle it....you get the idea :(

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. CoyoteNG

CoyoteNG New Member

I got the idea; but i'm looking for suggestions. As for a crested; I have one, i'd like somthing a bit diffrent. I'm willing to do research, of course, but I'd like some suggestions, i'm not sure what would be nice in a cage like that.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

Is it the screen or glass kind? It's a decent height so something that climbs would be good, yet it is a bit short on ground space so it would have to be a semi-small thing. There are a bizillion different geckos that would fit the bill really. Some are much harder to keep than others, what level of care are you looking at....? Look through the general gecko forum, at least to get an idea of what is out there.

12. ArchimedesArtifex

ArchimedesArtifex Member

I would say go with some uroplatus geckos. The satanic leaftails are cool and run about $150 a pair. Then again you could just go overboard and get a GIANT leaftail!!!
    [​IMG]

It really depends on how much you are willing to spend on the animal itself, feeding, and lighting. Also if you want a reptile you can handle regularly, or just a display animal (leaftails).

13. CoyoteNG

CoyoteNG New Member

As for level of care, I don't want anything thats needs my attention around the clock; but i have a good two hours a day opened for 'em. As for that leaftail; I do like it. I like geckos and lizards in general; and i want somthing handlable though i'm not picky. I do like that leaftail~ :(

14. mandatorychaos

mandatorychaos Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Impulse Purchase

That is awesome, how much do those run?