Info on golden gecko

Discussion in 'General Geckos' started by gexx26, Dec 27, 2004.

1. gexx26

gexx26 Embryo

I have looked everywhere on info of the size golden geckos get and how much do they weigh and I haven't found any. Can any one help me please.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. reako45

reako45 Member

I've got 2 Goldens never weighed them, and all the care sheets say they get up to 7". Sunny & Midas, my 2 guys are both about 8". I had a chance to measure them when they were stretched out on the glass. The book I got on Tokay care (it's for Tokays, but alot of the same care techniques work for all tropical species of geckos) by McKeown & Zoworski suggested a gram scale for taking accurate weights. They said to put your gecko in a pillow case, weigh it, put the gecko back, and weigh the pillow case. Subtract the weight of the pillow case and you've got the accurate weight of the gecko. Do you keep Goldens? How many? Male or female? I haven't been able to find any females.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. gexx26

gexx26 Embryo

Right now I only have one and I think it is male though. I am thinking about finding a female if it is male or like wise if it isn't and breeding them. I haven't really decided on it yet.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. reako45

reako45 Member

Good luck finding a female. I haven't been able to find them anywhere. All the places I go, the guys that work there really don't seem to know the difference between the male and female Goldens, and since they're not that expensive it doesn't seem to be a big deal. LOL!

Happy New Year! reako45

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. sheila mcdonnell

sheila mcdonnell Embryo

I just got my golden gecko today and checked the sex and its a female. I thought it was male til I looked under and seen no dark v and no bulges.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Godzillagecko

Godzillagecko Member

best place to find a male is Reptile Expo's. They always have a few around.