Intermittent head twitching...not bobbing-juvenile

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by For the love of Lizzie, Jun 8, 2014.

1. For the love of Lizzie

For the love of Lizzie New Member

OWNER INFO
    Is this your first bearded dragon? YES
    What area are you located in? Illinois

PERSONAL HISTORY (Dragon)
    Dragons name: Lizzie
    Age, weight and length if you know? Juvenile. Rescue bet 6 mo to 1 yr I was told
    How long with you? 2.5 wks
    What is his condition recently and if it changed, when? Well, I found her on road
    Is he active, clear eyes and bright? Mostly basks but when let loose runs around, bright eyes
    Is the beard, chest or tail tip darker than the rest or than normal? tail is darker toward end. seems to get darker with mood changes too
    Walking/moving normally? Seems to
    Any physical features that do not appear normal? Well she is missing a portion of one front leg toe.
    From Breeder or Pet Store? (this may make a difference) From the road
    Has he every been treated by a vet, Yep. One wk ago. stool check. all good
    If yes, for what and what meds were used/dosed and time if know?
    Basking or sleeping during the day? basking most all day. except at feeding time.
    Is he going to the bathroom, how often? Every day big huge poop in bath
    If not, when was the last time?
    Is it formed/normal or runny/smelly formed and no smell. but it is underwater LOL
    Alone or with others? Lone
    If with others, what sex"?
    Soaking or misting at all and how often? Soaking every day about 5-10 min

ENCLOSURE
    Set up info tank size? 40 gallon
    Temps -what do you use for heat? basking side top at 95-100 and coldest side at about 75
    Basking point? 95-100
    Cool area? 75ish
    What are you measure it with? a digital probe
    What Substrate? carpet
    UVB Lights type (detailed) what brand, model, and length or wattage is All living things 24" 17 watt 50 UVB strip
    How old? NEW
    How close to UVB light when he bask? on grill
    What hours for day/night? 7am ish to 8-9pm
    Do you use any type of nighttime heat, if so what? yep Infrared 75 watt spot from All living Things. During day Spot Aoo med REpti Basking light 100 watt- both on a stand 1 inch from grill

FOOD
    How is his appetite? IS there a change? Voracious.
    What size, kind and how many/much insects does he eat daily? 30 large dusted crickets per day
    What do you feed the insects normally?
    Is the dragon eating greens/veggies? yes, kale and collard greens daily
    What and how much? well. ...a hand full...
    Supplements? Juvenile reptile food pellets
    What kind of calcium/how often? Yes calcium powder supplements on veggies and crickets
    What kind of vitamins how often none
    How are these given to him?

Ok so....Lizzie is an acrobat on my carpeted floor. Really curious little girl. But on three separate occasions I have seen her just stand and twitch her head. This is not the dominant or excited head bob. I have seen many videos of this and this is not it. It is a localized twitching - seems like a tic- of the head only and lasts about 5 sec then she is good. I have read this may mean vit deficiency and some other places too much vitamins. So any ideas...? she does get her vegetables frozen ...meaning I chop it up bulk, then freeze and daily pick out a handful and let it get warm and then put it on dish with powder calcium. Anyone seen this and any ideas?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. For the love of Lizzie

For the love of Lizzie New Member

I thunk n I figured it out partially.....many times this seems reproducible when I scratch her head near her ears...maybe just sensitive or ticklish.