Introduction/New Bearded Dragon mommy! Advice needed please.

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by JennyBee, Dec 27, 2011.

1. JennyBee

JennyBee Embryo

Hello everyone.

I recently acquired 2 bearded dragons. I have never had lizards before and would like advice/feedback on both if possible.

The first is Mordred. We got him at Petco after 3 weeks ago after we saw him being returned because the previous owner thought he "got too big" and wanted to trade him in for a baby. Mordred is about 9 inches long. We have him in a 55 gallon tank with a UV bulb and a 150 watt basking light. He will not drink and he will not eat his greens. I have tried dripping water on the end of his nose with an eye dropper. He will not open his mouth. I give him baths several times a week and mist him every day. I do not want him to get super dehydrated - anything else I can do? He does eat crickets and loves them, and sometimes he will eat a piece of green or squash if I put it on the end of my tongs (ie trick him because this is what I do with the crickets sometimes), but he will not eat the greens or veggies from his bowl. We do dust the crickets with calcium with D3. He does seem alert and has energy. He seems kind of scared of me and does not seem to enjoy being held.

The second is George. We got him free from an exotic pet store. He is 10 years old and we were told he has metabolic bone disease. He does not move his limbs well. He eats his greens and crickets ok and will occassionally drink water from a dropper. We also try to mist him every day and give him a few baths a week. We dust everything in calcium with D3. He's in a 75 gallon tank with a 150 watt basking light and a hood with a 100 watt bulb and UV light.

Any advice for these guys would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Jen

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Cherin

Cherin New Member

My bearded dragon, Spyro was the same way when i got her from petco...She wouldn't even think about touching greens!! she'd eat crickets like it was goin out of style and munch on mealworms and superowrms here and there but never touch her veggies! I actually tried kale, and parsley together and she started to eat it. now, she isn't as picky and will eat just about any veggie I give her. She even likes some fruits as treats here and there.
    I'm so sorry for george... I hope he's gotten better. it's to sad he wasn't taken care of well enough and got that nasty disease :(

hope this helps :)