inverts section?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Questions' started by angusgecko1, Jul 28, 2007.

1. angusgecko1

angusgecko1 New Member

can we ave an inverts section for spiders, scorpions and stick insects please

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. croc_gator_rebeccak3

croc_gator_rebeccak3 Well-Known Member

http://www.reptilerooms.com/forumtopic-50767.html

Here is a thread that ran its course on that subject. This site does have a amphibian section... BUT I dont know about the popularity of the new section itself.

I really think it is something that will add more character to the site, but I will have to say it will be few. When people look at the ReptileRooms they think reptiles... which further explains my point on the popularity of the new section.

But if it was me, I would be making a poll in the Gerneral Section to see how many people own inverterbrates. If there is a good #, it might be good idea after all. :)

Sincerely,
    Dahaki

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. angusgecko1

angusgecko1 New Member

thanks m8 dont know how 2 create a poll tho will give it my best shot

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. croc_gator_rebeccak3

I could do that if you want.

You can go to "New topic" and at the bottom there is a "poll" section. Go into the "test forum" to figure it out. It is quite easy, I will help you out. Just make your topic in the "Test forum" so you can try it one million times without having problems.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. angusgecko1

angusgecko1 New Member

lol thanks ive done it now. was coz ma comp was slow that it dint work alst time.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. croc_gator_rebeccak3

Hopefully you will get your message across. :-D

Sincerely,
    Dahaki

12. angusgecko1

angusgecko1 New Member

thanks just out ov interst do own any inverts?

13. croc_gator_rebeccak3

Sorry. :-( No, but I always wanted one. :-D I am in college now. When I get out of the parent's house, I might get a trio of scorpians. :)

But when I do get those buggers, I would like to get questions answered somewhere.

14. shrap

shrap ReptileBoards Addict

I doubt an invert forum will get placed here. Concentrating on herp education, conservation and propagating better captive care has always been the philosophy behind this site. Trying to be a catch all for all exotics was never the intention of this site.

With that being said, I have become a big fan of tarantulas over the last year or so. I find them to be amazing creatures. The best place I have found on the net for education and help with inverts is http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/

15. angusgecko1

angusgecko1 New Member

shrap if u go on www.reptileforums.co.uk like this but for uk they cover everything. and there a reptile based site

16. angusgecko1

angusgecko1 New Member

Re: RE: inverts section?

lol go careful with scorps ive only just started and ma first one was deadly with out me knowing lol

17. shrap

shrap ReptileBoards Addict

Sure. A lot of reptile sites cover all kinds of non reptile related subjects. No one said it could not be done.

I was just speaking about the philosophy and ideology behind THIS site. Which as I mentioned already is to be a herp site, not a all things exotic site.

You are more than welcome to post about your inverts in the General Forum though. It is not against any rule. It is just not something the site owner cares to be a point of emphasis here at Reptile Rooms at this time.

18. angusgecko1

angusgecko1 New Member

lol can we use small words i dont understand big ones lol
    well i know it wont be done, just tried 2 make it a little bit more popular u see i know loads ov invert keepers i wud tell em 2 cum on here so loads more members not just invert keepers nither