Is this unusual?

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by AlCapone, Sep 8, 2004.

1. AlCapone

AlCapone Embryo

Hi, I have a Orange Nigerian Uromastyx and I read on a page that once a week it is good to soak them for about 15 mins, but after I soak her, she seems to puff out and look bloated, is this normal? Also when I first got her about a week ago, she would run around the tank quite a bit, now she spends alot of time in her house, is this ok? I dont have a web page so I cant put my pictures on here, maybe I could mail them to someone and they could help me out, thanks for the help

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. dragonfiend

dragonfiend Embryo

I have some uros as well and although a soak isnt bad for them while they are going through shed, I wouldn't do it each week. In the wild they go very long periods of time without water and I don't even supply a water dish for my mali uros. They absorbs water through the fresh greens they eat. She is probably puffing out to absorb more heat after the water cools her off. If she was running around the first week you had her, then she was rejecting the habitat and trying to escape. Now that she is calm and lazy like a typical uro, she has accepted the enclosure and is relaxed. Good luck to you!

Pete

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. AlCapone

AlCapone Embryo

Thanks for the info, you helped out alot.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. dragonfiend

dragonfiend Embryo

no problem let me know if you need anything else.