jungle carpets

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by bAlLinLiKeAbOa, Dec 4, 2007.

1. bAlLinLiKeAbOa

bAlLinLiKeAbOa Member

are they more then a beginner snake? if you were to rate them on a scale of 1-10(10 being most difficult) where would you put them? I have had my jcp for 5 months now and he isn't all that hard to care for, should it be harder? I know I am doing everything right, he sheds, he eats, he climbs, and hes healthy.

thanks, chase.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Bunny_Too

Bunny_Too New Member

I have had my JCP for only a few months. He just shed for me for the first time this morning. He is about 4' long and has been easy as pie to take care of but his shed cycle lasted almost a month and that freaked me out because my other snales have all gone from dull to blue to dull to shed in about a week. So far I would say as easy as my BP, I just have to learn to be patient as I get used to his behaviors. One other thing, He always looks as if he is going to strike and will even strike at you through the glass but has never struck me even when I handle him (I even gave him a bath yesterday holding him the whole time with no problems). Definiteley my favorite of the six snakes I own and easy to take care of.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

They are excellent starter snakes! The care is pretty straightforward and they are 'forgiving' of minor errors, they are great display snakes because they like to hang out on branches/perches, they don't get huge (Jungles and IJ's anyway!) and are a slender bodied snake and they are just dang nice to look at. I have two snakes, both IJ's. Could have started with something that needed more advanced care? I believe I could have but I just couldn't get past how nice a nice Carpet is!