Just picked up 1.1 adult blues!!!

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by JLExotics, Jan 25, 2005.

1. JLExotics

JLExotics New Member

They are proven! Although out of season they have been breeding like crazy and the female laid 13 eggs a week ago. I doubt she is going to double clutch and go for me but I'll have her for next year. My 2 yr old is ready, and has never been bred! Hopefully I'll have some little ones of my own this season!!! Don't worry, I'll post tons of pics LOL!!! I'll keep everyone updated on how this deal goes. I'm hoping to have them by this thursday or next.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

that is awsome

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. xile

xile Member

Cool Cool!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. JLExotics

JLExotics New Member

If I get eggs this season 3-4 will be placed at 90 degrees. As far as I know this is how platinums are produced, and there are NO female platinums. I intend to find out if they are genetic or not. We will find out if the snows are just a fluke or not.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

could it possibly be that there are no platinums because they might be temperature sexed like leopard geckos?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. xile

xile Member

I think thats what he means by the 90 degree incubator...

12. JLExotics

JLExotics New Member

Nope, I'm talking platinums are produced by hatching normals at 90 degrees. They are not temperature sexed...it's how they are produced. This is how ASF produced them. To my knowledge there are no females and they have never been bred back to prove them out. I contacted Ron and Stella (www.bluetegu.com) and they said they don't plan on selling platinums. They specialize in blue tegus and not selling 1 out of 3 morphs (besides normals) makes absolutly no sence. Something doesn't sound right here so I'm going to get to work and find out the truth. I will make my findings public on my web site. Some people are real hush hush and don't like to let anyone in on anything. Owell...I'll just have to find out myself. Even if they are just faded albinos...they are surly nice looking. The terminology is what I'm after, not trying to step on anyones toes.

13. xile

xile Member

I want a platinum and an albino. =P
    Cut me a nice discount! lol

14. xile

xile Member

Why are B&Ws so cheap? I see CBB ones for $25-$75, like Savannah Monitors...

15. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

they must be columbian. usually argentinian run a pretty good price. but it is because they are so easy to breed and to take care of

16. xile

xile Member

I thought Blues were the easiest? lol!

17. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

all tegus are pretty much easy to breed and take care of. Blue are the smallest tegus. JL definatly keep us updated on this. i hate when people dont help each other out...i know that they specialize in blues and that this is what they do for a living, but they arent even selling them.

18. JLExotics

JLExotics New Member

I will become the person to come to for blues. I will never have their numbers but info and service I'm there. My web site already blows theirs away! I'll be putting it up real soon. till then my current website still blows their's away. Anyways....I'll keep you updated!

19. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

JL you and me are going to be good friends lol

20. JLExotics

JLExotics New Member

LOL....I can't wait...I hate hush hush!!!

21. xile

xile Member

JL me and you will be good friends too. I might get more than one tegu since they don't get as big as I expected. Maybe 2-4 of them! =)

22. JLExotics

JLExotics New Member

LOL...I still need 1 more female albino (hope I find one at the tampa show!). I'll have a total of 6 (1.2 blue and 1.2 albino). From there hopefully I'll produce a platinum to keep back, and it's a 1-2yr wait to see if these albino het snows actually prove out. Time will tell...they prove out I'll have more tegus LOL!