Just wanted to introduce myself and my King Ekans

Discussion in 'Other Colubrids' started by Corny_Noob, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Corny_Noob

Corny_Noob Member

Hello there all just wanted to show off my Ekans, so far others have come to agree that he's probally an eastern/florida king intergrade.
    Sold to be as a cali king...oh silly pet stores (I work there :D )

He's about 20 inches long and 36g last time I weighed him. Time to fatten this baby up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He actually lives with my boyfriend, so I don't get to "play" with him as much as I'd like, as a result he's on a 7 day feeding schedule right now, so hopefully he still picks up with the weight.

Thanks for looking :D

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. lplasc

lplasc New Member

Thats a beautiful snake I like the colors.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. reako45

reako45 Member

Good looking King. Is this your first King? Flas, Brooks & Easterns seem to be the consensus picks for starter Kings (steady feeders, easy handlers) by those that breed them. I have 2 Cal Kings, both WC that have never tried to bite, but will musk on me from time to time.

reako45

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Corny_Noob

Corny_Noob Member

Yes he is indeed my first king, I fell in love with him at work (I work at petco) when I started handling him for hours at a time and he would just curl up in my hand and chill out. I've only had him for a month but he's very calm, doesn't musk and just lets me scoop him up without even trying to squiggle away.
    I keep saying he but of course I have no idea if it's a he or a she, I guess I should learn how to probe.

Thankyou for the compliment lpasc :)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. icyteathunder

icyteathunder New Member

Nice snake great colors. This is my dads snake i got him for father's day. its a male brooksi and is very tame..no issues at all with handling and is a great eater.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

got him at hamburg, pa reptile show (we dont sell snakes at Petsmart due to peta) o and btw nice name from pokemon =)

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. artgecko

artgecko New Member

Wow beautiful snake, oh and corny_noob do you post on CSF as well? under the same screen name.

12. geckonewbie

geckonewbie New Member

nice snakes