just wanted to say hello

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by Liss, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Liss

Liss Embryo

Hi all, Im new here, I currently have a sudan plated lizard and a skink.....both recently adopted. I have already made some new friends through the chatroom, but I just wanted to say Hi to all and thanks for all the help!:eek:

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Well hey there Liss....

I'm happy we managed to help you (and calm you down a lil bit)... How is the lil skink doing now?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Liss

Liss Embryo

Well, I got good news and not so good news! :) It appears as though my lil' guy may lose his leg. I called my vet and after explaining what happened, he told me to hold off on bringing him in because thanks to the advice I got from you all :) there isnt anything else he could do for him unless infection were to set in.(which at this point, it hasnt)
    The good news is that his tail is looking good, looks like it may be ok. and he has already adapted to not using the leg. but no internal injuries and he is eating and drinking just fine so now we wait and see. The vet told me to call with an update on Monday to decide rather or not to go ahead and bring him in. I will let ya know!:)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Awww, sorry to hear that the lil guy may lose his leg, but there are plenty of reptiles out there with a leg missing that still manage to thrive healthily.

One of our dragons, Sandy, after her mother bred with her father, she bit one of his arms pretty much clean off. Apparently the dad's doing well now, and living great, although he can't breed again (can't get a good enough grasp on the females, hehe).

I'm happy the vet agreed that the advice I gave you was good, and we've got all fingers, toes n' tails here crossed for you both :)