Just when I though I had beat my addiction... (MHD)

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by Eddie_Gordo, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Eddie_Gordo

Eddie_Gordo New Member

I have a relapse...

[​IMG]

Its been a few years since I've kept reptiles and for some reason the other day I was cashing my paycheck and made the awful decision to walk into a pet store where I found this beautiful Mountain Horned Dragon(my personal favourite). So she's in great health too, clear eyes, no loose skin, no mites, all horns intact, not underfed, no unshed skin, all her toes etc. Ill have to find a vet that works with reptiles to get a parasite check so if anyone knows of one in the Central Ohio area let me know.

Also I need to build a full size enclosure she's living in a quarantine box at the moment. This will require a few things; I'm thinking of going with a 2'x2' and 6' tall screenhouse but I'm also looking for a generic ficus house tree(5 feet tall or so) and I'm not sure where to find one this time of year so if anyone has any recommendations for stores to look for one also let me know that.

Yes this was a bit of a brash decision and no this is not my first MHD, I used to keep a breeding trio. This time I plan to stick to just 1 reptile.

So I guess I'm just reintroducing myself.

Hi!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Eddie_Gordo

Eddie_Gordo New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just a couple more pictures.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Oh wow, she does look great! kudos to the petshop you got her at, they must be a good one (or you happened to catch her right as she arrived from the breeder, lol).
    You can call around to local nurseries for the ficas tree.... home depot has got to get them from somewhere right!

Just out of curiosity, what type of screening will you be using to make her enclosure? And are you doing screen on all sides? If you are, how do you keep up humidity in a 6foot tall cage?
    I'm asking because I have a 4.5 foot tall screen tank I had made for my breeding crestie trio a number of years ago but I only used it for a short while because I could never keep the humidity up without spraying it 3 times a day...

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

wow! that looks like a pretty awesome lizard! I hope that everything turns out good.