Juvie Leo for adoption (east tennessee) will ship

Discussion in 'Animal Adoptions' started by MeekasMom, Feb 15, 2007.

1. MeekasMom

MeekasMom Member

As some of you may or may not know, I adopted a leopard gecko from Petsmart last month because he was missing his tail. I had just bought my albino leopard gecko, and wasn't planning on getting a second one. But I wanted him to go to a good home..

So since they are both babies, I've been keeping them together until I figured out what I was going to. I was hopeful that I would be moving, and have room for two tanks, but I just dont know when that will be. Now, the two are starting to squabble at feeding time, and I just think it would be better all around for me to find him a good home to someone on here. :)

He is about 2 months old, and lost his tail when I person buying a gecko from my work (petsmart) dropped one of the logs on his tail. He then escaped after being isolated, and was without food or heat source for a week. So we finally found him, and he was just fine. i then adopted him, because we dont sell animals with defects. He eats well, has shed a couple times since i have had him, and eats mealies and crix. he's is pretty darn tame for a juvie as well...

i live in eastern tennessee, so you would have to come here to get him. i am willing to ship, if you pay the cost. i want him to go to a good home.

here is his picture! :)

[​IMG]

Please reply to this post or PM me, and we'll go from there.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. moonknight

moonknight New Member

I would love to have him, i live in canada tho is it to cold to ship? its probably about -25 celcius average, sometimes much colder. if that isnt a problem i have an enclosure set up for a leopard gecko already, i was actually going to get one soon . i am no stranger to herps i have had newts a frog and i have a crested gecko. I know how to take care of them i have done lots of reading on them. So if the weather isnt an issue to ship her i would love to adopt her.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Cavemanpets

Cavemanpets Well-Known Member

he's gorgeous... id take him but have no way of getting you the money for shipping :D i think the lowest they recomend for shipping temp is about 40F not sure what that is in celcius.... prolly pretty low....

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. moonknight

moonknight New Member

-25 celcius is about -13 fahrenheight. Oh, and i will pay shipping if its not to cold (it probably is tho , isnt it :(

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. moonknight

moonknight New Member

Next week its supposed to warm up! (according to the weather channel) about -5,-1 ish, celcius. about 23,30 fahrenheight.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Fiche

Fiche GOTM Winner

I'm glad that you want to take the little guy, but I have to advise the original poster to wait until at the very least 40F. I personally would wait until you could be sure it was going to be a bit warmer than that for a few days in a row.

12. moonknight

moonknight New Member

yea I understand.

13. Fiche

Fiche GOTM Winner

Hopefully you guys can still arrange delivery when it gets warmer. :(

14. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

Besides the issue of the cold, do you know how hard it is to get a reptile across the boarder? This is why so many American breaders will not sell/ship to Canadians. It is a hassle and expensive and you always have the risk of the boarder holding the gecko for inspection and the little dying in the process - if it was easy more would do it for sure. If you are going to attempt it you had best meet the gecko at the boarder and read up lots on shipping from the states. There are lots of forms and such that need to be filled out. I personally would advise against it.

15. MeekasMom

MeekasMom Member

I feel like I am going to be letting you guys down who wanted him, but with the cold, the blizzard farther north and we are even getting snow here tomorrow, it's just going to be a long time before I would be able to ship him. I don't really have that kinda time... unfortunately, since he has been squabbling with my other gecko.

I have found a home for him with my friend who I have known for 12+ years. I will be driving to meet her halfway tonight... (she lives in GA and I live in TN)

I appreciate everyone that wanted him, and if it was warmer,I would gladly ship him.

Thanks again.

16. Fiche

Fiche GOTM Winner

I'm glad you were able to find a home for him. I hope the trip goes well.

17. my_baby_anoles

my_baby_anoles Member

yes, and drive safe.

18. moonknight

moonknight New Member

Im happy you found a good home for him :D

19. MeekasMom

MeekasMom Member

thanks everyone.

20. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

I'm really glad you found a good home for him. Cute lil thing, i bet you had a hard time giving him up!

21. MeekasMom

MeekasMom Member

yeah, but i am glad i gave him to my friend, at least ill get to see him again. :)