Kadin's Baby Book!

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by Luthien, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Luthien

Luthien New Member

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

How cute! :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. electrofelt

electrofelt Member

That is such a good idea! I have never thought about doing a virtual scrapbook, I'm too old school with my scissors and Elmers glue : ) Very cute! I love the picture of him wrapped up in a towel after the bath : )

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Luthien

Luthien New Member

:) Thanks guys! I thought it was an awesome idea, I suck at physical scrap booking but I'm pretty good at virtual ones so I went for it

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. reptile boy

reptile boy New Member

thats so cute and cool

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. wren152

wren152 Member

For some reason it doesn't want to load for me. D: Everything but the book loads. But I was wondering, have you tried using blurb.com? Do you know how it compares to mixbook.com? What all can mixbook do? I'm a graphic design student, and I'm always looking for possible new resources for making books, etc, for my school projects. : D

EDIT: Ahhh, it loaded! Awww, so cute! I remember when Baby was 2 months old, when we first got him. Now he's so big! I think it's great you made a book with these photos, because I only have 2 pics of him when he was small, and this way you can always look back. They really grow so quickly. o3o

12. Luthien

Luthien New Member

Thanks guys! Yes wren152 it is wonderful to be able to look back. I never notice how much she's grown until I look back at old pictures. Just 3 months ago she only took up my fingers and now it's my whole hand!! WOW!

As for your question no I have never used blurb, I've been quite satisfied with mixbook so far. It's free to sign up with and you can do many different things including order prints of your pictures from it. It's simple to use and fun!

13. wren152

wren152 Member

*flails* EXACTLY! I didn't even remember what Baby looked like until my mom sent me his baby picture! And I was like 'HOLY POOP HE WAS EVER THAT SMALL??' XD Ahh! You described it EXACTLY.

Ahh, well, blurb has it's ups and downs, but I really like it for some stuff. It's great for coffee-table books, in all honesty, and someday I'd like to make some kind of photo album kinda feel with it, but I'm too busy with school. At some point I'll have to experiment with mixbook, to see if I can use it for school! : D

14. Luthien

Luthien New Member

:) I'm fairly good at describing things.

So what kind of graphic designing do you do?

15. wren152

wren152 Member

Well, currently I've got classes for identity, packaging and basically a design 101 class. XD ID1 is great because we're doing logo design and stationery systems (I'm using Aflac), Pack1 we rebranded a company and this week we're starting the comping process for the products (I'm using PetSmart, lots of fun!) And in GD1 (graphic design 1) which I'm actually retaking (I understand everything SO much better this semester, I'm actually relieved I'm retaking it, I had such a hard time last semester) this week is pattern, and my theme for the semester is light, and I'll actually be making the first drafts of the patterns today!
    I also have an online art history class, but it's less interesting because it's art history, so it's just essays and whatnot, but I'm still enjoying it WAY more than my last art history class!

My midterms are rolling closer, in the next week or two for all my classes, so I'm REALLY busting my butt. I'm going to post pictures of all my projects at the end of the semester-I should REALLY post last semesters type 2 class projects, because I redesigned stuff for the Repticon FIRExpo. XD I had so much fun.

Luthien likes this.