kamono(i think its that)

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by rezon, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Gatorhunter

Gatorhunter Embryo

lol komodo dragon.
    The only way you could even obtain one is stealing it or buying it off the blackmarket. You probably couldn't even find it at a blackmarket because the word of someone having a komodo for sale would quickly be dealing with the law. If you want a large lizard get a water monitor or a blackthroat or if you have the money you could try a crocodile monitor.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. jarrell

jarrell New Member

hahaha this is probally a joke or just a careless question i dont know how you waste time when your the one posting. but a komodo dragon as a pet is absoultly reduculuse. it would be a better gaurd dog. except when it gets loose a few missing chilldren would be sloughtered. i know i would never keep a komodo as a pet maybe for rehilbation poprposes in the future.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. MegannLizzy

MegannLizzy New Member

They are highly protected by law, and the only tribe on the island that they live on has full watch of them. No one person is allowed by law on the island. They are beautiful but sould never be thought of as captive reptiles.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Sobe

Sobe New Member

why

Okay I cannot fathom why anyone would even consider owning a komodo let alone ask if it would be legal.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. mr~python

mr~python Member

that monitor could have been all kinds of things. for example yesterday at school i over heard someone tell somebody else that "his friend bought Eli the "komodo dragon" at the petstore." well i go to that petstore for feeders all the time. Eli's is just a black rough necked monitor.

moral of the story: herps are mistooken all the time for another more infamous herp like a burm being mistook for a 'conda.

P.S. you can only by komodos on the black market for tons of money.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. clarinet45

clarinet45 Well-Known Member

Slizarus, well put. i agree, i saw a komodo at the pittsburgh zoo:
    [​IMG]

12. MegannLizzy

MegannLizzy New Member

such beautiful reptiles huge!

13. crazyman1378

crazyman1378 New Member

he looks so lonely.... he needs a friend.