KUSH, the cham that just could never pull through...

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by ThePHX, Dec 9, 2007.

1. ThePHX

ThePHX Member

He passed away tonight at around 8:50 central....he has been very inactive today, and hasnt opened his eyes for close to a week. And the MBD got the better of him, he fell from the top of a tree inside his enclousure and i can only imagine he broke a few bones....at least he is no longer in pain....

[​IMG]

i have forgotten how big his eyes were until i saw that picture.....wow

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

I'm so sorry to hear that. I know you were so worried about him and just wanted to fix him, but sometimes they just can't be fixed. He is no longer in pain and I'm sure he was happy with you for the time you had him. ;)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. ThePHX

ThePHX Member

Im just punching myself for "not having enough time" to go to the vet....

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Tiny_Hendrix

Tiny_Hendrix Member

I'm sorry Phx. I'm sure he's thankful for the care you gave him before he passed on. He's in a much better place.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. chs_rob317

chs_rob317 Embryo

sorry for your loss.....i know it hurts but I lost one kinda the same way. I took mine to the vet but again it was too late....they had him in there for about a week injecting with calcium shots and in the best care they had with special lighting and diet but mien couldnt pull thru.... i wouldnt get mad at yourself too much because of not going to the vet..... if your chameleon was already like that it was probally not gonna be able to be reversed at that late of stages of MBD.... but again i'm sorry for your loss

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. ThePHX

ThePHX Member

well thats good to know, thank you! ive heard that before, but to actually be shown another experience in which it didnt help actually...helps thanks

12. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

I know you were probably fighting a losing battle, but kudos for you to continuing to fight it. I know how much you worried yourself and tried to get kush on the road to recovery, but sometimes things just dont work out. Im sorry.

13. geckonewbie

geckonewbie New Member

sry for your lose

14. kinsey

kinsey Embryo

It is good yo tried to help him, and at least you were there for him. He had a good life and died happy. always think of the good things.