Laka's Growth Progress Thread [Picture Heavy]

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by Albeena, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Fiche

Fiche GOTM Winner

RE: Beautiful

What a cutie. I don't think the calcium is a problem. Since she's growing so much it's probably good that she's spending all that time playing in (and likely eating) it. Spikey used to like sleeping and playing in hers too. Sometimes she ended up in the goofiest positions. :D

[​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Albeena

Albeena New Member

Fiche that picture is cute as heck! I was just worried she was sleeping in her calcium dish because of parasites or mites or something, good to know it's a normal occurance.

In terms of this growth progress thread, I took a 1 minute long video of Laka shedding, the camera quality is poor, but you get the idea. It's only been about one week since her last shed, she's growing like a weed!
    [​IMG]

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Fiche

Fiche GOTM Winner

Haha. Very cute! I really liked the song too. I'm glad she's growing like a weed for you. That's always good to see.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Albeena

Albeena New Member

Got some cute new pics to post that I just took. Laka isn't a shy gecko at all, she sleeps out in the opened sprawled out across the temperature probe. She didn't even blink when I took the pic, she sleeps like a rock, although she did get up and move then fell asleep in a different position. Look at this little angel, I love sleeping pics.
    Excuse the horrible quality of the pic, I only had my camera phone available to me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. craziiikris10

craziiikris10 Member

aw i love all of ur pix of her! (u should join us to help create that calendar)

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. treeafodo

treeafodo Member

how old was she in the first pic?

12. Albeena

Albeena New Member

Thanks Kristen :) I might participate in your calandar, but I've gotta find a favorite pic first, it's hard to choose

treeafodo, in the first pic I'm guessing she was a fresh hatchling, MAYBE a week old, 2 weeks old at the most. She was extremely tiny!

13. Albeena

Albeena New Member

Nov. 1st Laka shed. She's around about 1 month old now, I'm guessing her hatch date was October 1st. Unfortunately, I don't have a camera to show how different she looks so I'll just describe. The light gray that used to be on the sides has now turned yellow/orangish and the black spots are fading. I THINK she might possibly super hypo out for me, although it's possible she might keep the spots, time will tell. There has been no dramatic difference in carrot tailing, it seems to be staying a narrow oranage band at the base of the tail with only one small orange dot 2/3rd's thru, I don't think she's a carrot tail at this point. She was 14 grams last time I weighed her 4 days ago, although I'm sure she's probably maybe 16 grams now b/c she's been gaining about 2 grams every 4 or 5 days. About 5 1/2 inches long since her last measurement.
    Hopefully I'll have my camera back once she hits the 20 gram mark and I'll post some pics.

14. anctennis01

anctennis01 New Member

Very pretty leo you got there!

15. Albeena

Albeena New Member

11/9/07 - Now at 5 weeks old. Eating 8 - 10 regular sized mealworms daily. Hit the 20 gram mark last night. She's losing her black "saddle" spots, I think there's a good chance she will super hypo out. Still no dramatic improvement on the carrot tail though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. SL11

SL11 New Member

awesome color and pattern

17. coco123

coco123 New Member

wow she is getting big :)

18. Albeena

Albeena New Member

She sure is making some great progress, she's grown so big in just a little over a month. She's now 22 grams and 5 1/2 or 6 weeks old. Here's some updated pics from today, as you can see her spots are fading with each shed. Look at how fat her tail is compared to the first pictures I posted on pg. 1!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Fiche

Fiche GOTM Winner

Looking good! I love seeing how they change as they grow.

20. Benzo

Benzo New Member

Wonderful!

Wow Lani! Laka is getting so big and beautiful. I just watched the video of her shedding. What a precious video. You must be one proud mother! I'll get some new pics of Lea on here for you soon.

P.S. How ya doin?

21. Albeena

Albeena New Member

Thank you Ben :)
    Laka shed yesterday, from the looks of it she'll definitely be a hypo tangerine. I'm not sure about the carrot tail though, it's slowly developing towards the center of her tail. I'd consider her to be about 7 - 8 weeks old, or around 2 months now, she weighed in at 28 grams tonight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Albeena

Albeena New Member

Seeing I have nothing better to do I made a side by side comparison collage and WOW, look at how much Laka has changed in just a matter of 2 months.
    [​IMG]

23. SA_MICHELLE

SA_MICHELLE New Member

She is looking awesome. Its incredible how fast they grow and change!

24. Albeena

Albeena New Member

Did her daily weigh in with more pictures. She's 34 grams now and about 6 1/2 - 7 inches long.
    Wow, so she gained 6 grams in a matter of one week. She's growing like crazy! She will be about 8weeks old as of today or not quite 2 months old yet. On the 5th of December that'll make her exactly 2 months.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She seems to be most active during the day and sleeps at night (contrary to what the experts say about their nocturnal behavior, it seems that I have a "day" gecko) :)

25. wilsonthegecko

wilsonthegecko New Member

great progress. can i ask you what were you feeding her as mine is looking like yours but mine has a realy fat tail but still thin.
    thanks and you gecko is looking great