Laka's Growth Progress Thread [Picture Heavy]

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by Albeena, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Albeena

Albeena New Member

RE: Beautiful

Thanks wilsonthegecko.
    I'm feeding her gutloaded mealworms. It's imperative that you gutload your mealworms/crickets/or whatever feeder you decide to give your leo with nutritious feed. I buy my gutload from www.progeckos.com
    If your feeders are not properly gutloaded then your leo will not grow as fast or as strong as he/she is supposed to.
    I would also recommend a fecal exam for your leo to make sure it doesn't have any parasites. Parasites can cause the gecko to be really thin and not grow properly.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Albeena

Albeena New Member

Couldn't resist not posting this picture, it's worth a thousand words.

[​IMG]

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Shinerai

Shinerai New Member

She is the most darling thing! That spot no her but is so cute. Can't wait for updates!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. wilsonthegecko

wilsonthegecko New Member

thanks for your help. my high yellow is startig to settle in now and is eating great. this can only be a good sign right. keep us updated

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Albeena

Albeena New Member

Thanks wilson & shinerai :)

Wilson:Thats good news your leo is settling in and eating great, that rules out parasites, a good sign indeed. She'll be fattened up in no time!

Here's some more sleeping pics. She's such a doll. I know I post a lot of pics, but I can't help it!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. wilsonthegecko

awwwwwwwww lol all asleep look at her lol. i love the last pic where shes asleep and on the papper towel next to her it says happy lol. made me chuckle. keep us updated

12. Fiche

Fiche GOTM Winner

Looking good, looking good. If Laka's still only 2 months I'm going to hold out and say she might end up as as super hypo. I guess I'll have to wait and see. I really like the smiley face on her butt. :(

13. Albeena

Albeena New Member

Thanks again Wilson...and Fiche, I'm willin' to bet a few grand on her turning out to be super hypo, I definitely wouldn't bet on her becoming a carrot tail, the chances of that happening look pretty slim, but ya never know!
    Time will tell.

I posted a video of Laka shedding in a seperate thread, I might as well post it here again as well. I figured Undone, The Sweater Song by Weezer was absolutely necessary for this video. :(
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFrhrUqgmDU

And...some still pics of her after the shed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. wilsonthegecko

you never know you know that coud be a carrot tail. for it to be a carot tail it needs 15%+ of orrange on its tail. that has about 9 so we can only waight. yeh most probs a supper hypo lovely colours btw.
    just compare that pic to the first pic and how small it was. its increadable. good luck

15. caseyface

caseyface New Member

She sure is pretty. She looks like my girl. :D

16. Baker14

Baker14 Member

I love the random white bloches on her body. My leo(unnamed) has the same thing! They actually look really cool.

17. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

aww, cute. she looks like my sister's leo

18. miss_kala

miss_kala New Member

oh my gosh! you have a cute gecko! my old one looked a little like that

19. jordondavey161

jordondavey161 New Member

great pics

20. Albeena

Albeena New Member

Well it's been a few weeks, and I know that RR has been having some down time these past couple of days, so I think Laka is due for some pics.

She's now almost 3 months old and 42 grams. She was chilling around my neck like this for about 2 hours last night, she's extremely docile. Although her colors aren't turning out to be the brightest, I love her just the same. ;)
    [​IMG]

21. miss_kala

miss_kala New Member

i love leo's that have the bright orange

22. rinako

rinako New Member

Cute leo and cute tattoo.

23. Albeena

Albeena New Member

Thanks guys, here's some more pics I took tonight of Laka 'cuz I'm pretty much snowed in for the night with nothin else better to do.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She eats her calcium like it was candy...
    [​IMG]

24. Fiche

Fiche GOTM Winner

A shame that you're snowed in for now but I do enjoy seeing more pictures of Laka. :( She's cute and should grow up to be big and strong with all that calcium she eats. I'm glad to see that she's so docile too. I've heard of quite a few leos that never really take to people.

25. unrealjill

unrealjill Well-Known Member

i'm with fiche on this one - you being snowed in is nowt but good news for us :( laka is a great looking little gecko and this thread is a great example of how quickly they can grow big with the right care.... as for eating her calcium, it certainly seem to be working!