Laka's Growth Progress Thread [Picture Heavy]

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by Albeena, Oct 14, 2007.

1. geckonewbie

geckonewbie New Member

RE: Beautiful

nice leo

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Albeena

Albeena New Member

Oh snap, this is incredible! I just weighed her and she's now up to 46 grams! As of today she's exactly only 3 months and 3 days old, I hate to brag, but 46 grams for a 3 month old leo is astounding, especially if she isn't a giant. Keep in mind that when she arrived home three months ago she weighed a measly 2 grams....

Here's some pics, I can't believe the rate in which she's growing....WOW.
    [​IMG]

Her belly looks awkward in this pic, she just downed 2 superworms beforehand so I'm supposing they're digesting.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Fiche

Fiche GOTM Winner

Do you have a recent length on her Albeena? Along with the amazing care you have given her, her weight will also go along with her length. If she is longer she can hold a bit more meat on her bones. Don't be so quick to rule out the giant in her yet. :)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Albeena

Albeena New Member

I just measured her Fiche. She's exactly 8 inches from tip if the tail to the tip of her nose (with her tail straight out though, in the pic it's a little wavy). Not sure if this qualifies for a giant, but I think 8 inches for a 3 month old is pretty significant?
    [​IMG]

She's in the process of starting her shed yet again (she sheds every 9 days like clockwork).

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Fiche

Fiche GOTM Winner

Haha my adult is only 8 1/2" if that means anything. :)

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Albeena

Albeena New Member

Yeah that definitely means something, wow...I didn't realize how long she was, I was just keeping track of her weight these past few weeks and not measuring her.

Well, I measured again, she's actually not quite 8 inches long yet, just a few cm's short I think. Boy I need to get a life! lol
    [​IMG]

12. Albeena

Albeena New Member

[EDIT] Oopsie, double post.

13. Albeena

Albeena New Member

I Got Bored....

Decided to test my photography skills and actually read the manual for my cheap digi cam, there's a close up option that I haven't been using all this time. Needless to say I went to town with the new found function and took a few good pics.
    Note to self: Never buy a digital camera under 8 megapixels.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Albeena

Albeena New Member

RE: I Got Bored....

Weighing in tonight at 48 grams and snowed in again! We're expected to get 10 - 14 inches of that white stuff.

[​IMG]

15. Stormphyre

Stormphyre Member

RE: I Got Bored....

She's looking wonderful! And pokeable. Great job!

16. LizMarie

LizMarie New Member

she's gorgeous!

I like how you've tracked her progress.. this post is dangerous, it's making me want to get a leo again..

17. Fiche

Fiche GOTM Winner

Looking cute. She wears her spots well too. :)

Sorry to hear about all your snow. I'll send you some sunny wishes your way.

18. Albeena

Albeena New Member

Wow, it's been awhile since that whole RR forums drama. I was in the hospital for 5 days while all that was going on. Anyway I'm back and healthy again to post some pictures and updates on Laka.

She turned 4 months old on this February 5th, her weight gain has slowed down but she's still going steady and now weighs 52 grams and is still 8 inches long. I can't believe the size difference from just 4 months ago when she started off at 2 - 3 grams!

This is one of the cutest pictures of her, look at that facial expression, everyone say "awwwwww!!" Check out that belly hangin'.

[​IMG]

Some others to show how fat she is. My little miss piggy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Tiny_Hendrix

Tiny_Hendrix Member

I love the first pic in your last post! I would definitely vote you for gecko of the month hehe.

I've never been into leos very much, but that picture is very dangerous to me as well! Look forward to seeing her grow more.

One question, where did you get your scale? I have a small one, but yours is awesome. I always have to use the Styrofoam my scale came in to try to keep my geckos in it.

20. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

i love the 2 spots on her hip. they look like little eyes

21. Albeena

Albeena New Member

I bought the scale at Wal-Mart in the food preparation isle (where they sell pots and pans). I can't remember exactly how much I paid for it, but I think it was anywhere from 20 - 30 bucks.

Here's another picture I took of her that I think is pretty cool. It doesn't look like those two spots on her rear end are going to fade, that makes her a bit unique.

Gecko Camoflauge:
    [​IMG]

22. geckonewbie

geckonewbie New Member

i love your gecko its so pretty how long have you had her but shes awsome