Leaves won't stay misted, Help Please

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by Colleen O, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Colleen O

Colleen O Embryo

I recently purchased 2 green anoles. I have fake plants inside and when I mist them, they do not stay wet longer than a few seconds, does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep them wet so the anoles do not dehydrate? Thanks! =D

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. naykid

naykid Member

Welcome to the boards, I'm not real familiar with anoles, however what type of material are the plants made from?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Colleen O

Colleen O Embryo

Thanks

Hi Naykid, The plants are fake made from silk. Now the one anole has a black spot on his head and is barely moving. It's not even been 24 hrs. =/

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. naykid

naykid Member

The only thing i can suggest is to message Cammy, Jeffresb, or stickypaws. I really do wish i could help i need to do more research.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

I'm not well versed in my anole husbandry needs - but a solid spray once or twice a day should be adequate. You'll also want to make sure a water dish is available. I've found that many species who drink from water droplets will still drink from a water dish if given the opportunity.

The one that is barely moving concerns me... I've directed one of mods with anole experience to look at this thread. In the meantime, can you answer a few questions for us so that we can assess your husbandry pracices?

1) What size enclosure are the anoles in?

2) What are the temperatures on the warm end, under the basking spot, and on the cool end?

3) How are you measuring these temepratures (the only acceptable thermometers are digitial thermometers with a probe or a tempgun).

4) Do you have UVB lighting? What brand of bulb do you have and how close can the lizard get to it?

5) What substrate (bedding) are you using?

6) What other practices and information can you give us about the anole(s) and your setup?

This will allow us to get a better grasp of what the lizards are experiencing under your care, and sometimes even a minor adjustment can make a world of difference in behavior.