Leopard gecko shedding information? Urgent

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by Tim3skimo, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Tim3skimo

Tim3skimo New Member

So I've had Lily, my 2 month old leopard gecko fr 2 weeks now. Very healthy girl.

She's very pale now and is going to shed soon, this is the first time she's going to shed in my care, does shedding usually go okay? I haven't handled her yet because she's new.. And I don't quite know how to.
    I have a humid hide in her vivarium which I mist every morning and evening, don't know if there is anything else I can do. I'm kinda stressing

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

Shedding usually goes pretty smoothly if the gecko is healthy and is provided with a humid hide. It is really nothing to stress over, though I understand that it's always nerve-wracking when your animal goes through something new. I'm sure all will be well. Even if she has a little stuck shed at some point, it's usually pretty easy to remedy as long as you pay attention and catch any problem areas. Let us know how it goes--glad she is growing for you!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Tim3skimo

Tim3skimo New Member

I see she's shedding inside her warm hide! Will she be okay? I have 2 humid hides set up for her, 1 on the hot side and 1 in the middle, I have misted her vivarium too :/