Leos names and user names

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by opy01, Apr 11, 2006.

1. DaCubs

DaCubs Well-Known Member

User name...well, I grew up outside of Chicago and am a die-hard Cubs fan. And a big Chris Farley fan. So I went with a little Superfans action and took DaCubs.
    As for my girls...
    Lil Anna - I had just gotten her and was still trying to name her. We were watching the Seinfeld episode where Kramer buys a rooster and names it Lil Jerry Seinfeld. Needless to say, my other roommate walked into the living room at exactly the wrong moment.

Victoria (aka Police Girl) - Is a tribute to my friend/roommate who died suddenly last summer. It's from the anime series Van Hellsing. I thought it was a fitting tribute as we used to watch anime quite often on friday nights.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. opy01

opy01 Well-Known Member

OK DaCubs, I kinda guessed on the user name and the leos names are great. I(and I am sure alot of other people) am curious about your sig, who the heck is the Guarantee Gecko?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Cerus

Cerus Well-Known Member

Well my leos are Cleopatra (Cleo for short) because she is such a prissy queen and loves to sit on her perches to bask in the "spotlight" and loves her dinner handed to her. Isis is named after the Egyptian goddess Isis, she was was the daughter of Nut, wife of Osiris, and mother of Horus. She was responsible for love, sexuality, ceremonies, health, healing and immortality. If fits her personality great and her 4 spots in a row between her eyes give her a decorated look. She was also Goblins favorite during mating time. Goblin is named so to denote his pure white coloring and the fact that he gobbles down any food in sight or anything small enough to be eatin. :p

My nick name is a variation in spelling on Cerberus, the three headed dog from Hades. In Greek myth Cerberus was a horrific dog who stood watch at the gates of Hades, the world of the dead. Cerberus had three heads (some accounts gave him many more) and was so vicious that he was feared even by the gods. I am a big time mythology nut as you can tell. :eek:

PS. D's sig is a herpavized version of the line from Tommy Boy, change Gecko to fairy and Beardie to daughter. Love that movie :)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. DaCubs

DaCubs Well-Known Member

Thanks Cerus. Yes, it's a quote from one of the greatest movies ever made. If you havne't seen Tommy Boy 15 times yet, go rent it. Well worth the hours you'll spend watching it and laughing like you've never laughed before.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. opy01

opy01 Well-Known Member

I can't believe I didn't get that. That was one of my favorite parts of that movie(besides the deer part). Thats hilarious!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. ellman605

ellman605 Member

guess what i need to rent! ^.^

12. houdini1

houdini1 New Member

Okay so my real name is Kristy but Houdini is my First reptiles name, he is a ball python and an excellent escape artist, hence the name Houdni. He has a very well secured cage and a sliding screen top and i still cant figure out how he gets out.lol My leos name are Bonnie and Clyde, they seemed like they fit when i got them. Oh and just for kicks my kids Alexandra and Darius, their nicknames are aiding and abetting.

13. Keva

Keva New Member

I got my user name from the pronunciation of my Leopard Gecko's name Caoimhe. My other Leopard gecko's name is Aoife. I always have to look up the spelling of their names so I might in the future just have their names be spelt Keva and Efa. I spent hours searching the Internet for Celtic names when I first got my two girls. As to why I wanted Celtic names, I don't know.

14. Tim_S

Tim_S New Member

Well my first name is Tim and my last name starts with S, not very original. I do go by ryuko everywhere else though. ryuko is japanese for dragon child. Vala is my gecko and i named her after Vala MalDoran from Stargate. When i get new gecko's you can expect similar names, I'm thinking Apophis for any male I get.

15. opy01

opy01 Well-Known Member

WooHoo a Stargate fan!

16. themowingmonk

themowingmonk Member

Apopshis would be an awesome gecko name

17. bluesquirrely4

bluesquirrely4 Member

cerus i love how you got your names. and everone elses names. keep them coming

18. opy01

opy01 Well-Known Member

Ok so maybe 1/4 of the leo people posted. Every one that did post has excellent names and cool reasons for naming them. One that I know everyone is curious about is Shrap. Ok Shrap tell us about your avitar as well.

19. minidaz

minidaz New Member

Well my name is Darren and i drive minis ... pretty straight forward username really :(

My leo was called Gordon by his previous owners, but there is a possibility that he is actually a she, so a name change might be due soon.

Daz

20. themowingmonk

themowingmonk Member

ill admit i woudl be curious to hears shrap's story

21. ellman605

ellman605 Member

i'm double with that. come on shrap, tell us the tale :)

22. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

i would too! lol. But yeah... guess I'll post... lol. Lets start with my sn... it is also my aim/aol name, i have had it since i was like 10... lol. hm... 10 yrs and still no change, o well. Anyway, StikyPaws was the name of my 1st cat who when we got as a kitten when I was 3 or 4 proceded to climb up my feety pajamas ( you know the zip up ones that we like full body suites! lol) all the way up to my neck (ouch!) lol. So we called him stickypaws, lol. But anyway, my 2 newer cats are Merlyn and Toby and AliKat (Merlyn b/c of his eyes and his colors, Toby b/c he looks like a Toby cat, and Ali Kat b/c she was found in an alleyway and we adopted her).
    My 2 dogs- Rayzen (an American Water Spaniel) is a hunting dog and her full name is Rayzen H*ll in the Field (she looks like an rayzen as well b/c of her coat color and texture, lol) And my Black Lab Chow mix's name is Shadow... she was actually named by an indian medicine man out on a reservation in colorado..... fits her perfectly tho! She is just like a shadow, always right next to u and wanting to be with u :)
    Then lets see... finally my geckos :)
    leos's 1st!
    Canondale- b/c of her color (bright yellow) and whenever i think of canondale bikes they are always yellow in my mind... i dunno im nuts or something.. lol
    Leucian- b/c he is a "leucanistic" but really a patternless...
    Chill- b/c i was going to name him Monte but i liked chill b/c that is so his personality :)
    Hottie- b/c I was going to name her Zuma to go along with monte but hottie is more her personality, she can be a bit devilish at times but looks freakin awesome! lol
    And my cresties:
    I named them all with the theme for the land b4 time... the original... lol Ducky, Petrie, and now including LittleFoot! lol

so thats about all of them... cya!

23. opy01

opy01 Well-Known Member

You actually have an alley cat as a pet, thats funny. Our red eared slider is named Little Foot(my wife named him).

I am still waiting on Shrap.

24. Tim_S

Tim_S New Member

Opy, don't you remeber that whole skeetmaster thing and him hating me and cerus because we like scifi? lol. Cerus is a big Stargate fan too. But yeah, I'm also very curious about shrap, although I have a theory.

25. axioid

axioid New Member

I got my screen name from a random yahoo id finder...and i've had it ever since, because I know no one will actually have used it. :) But it does mean axis in french. Pilot got his name because he he tries to fly out of my hands everytime I pick him up, and Lia just sorta came to me.