lighting question??

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by Nerdychic, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Nerdychic

Nerdychic Embryo

I was wondering what kind of bulb to use?? 50 watt,100 watt,etc. I have tried the 50 watt it only gets the hot spot up to 80 degrees F.I'm going to get a new bulb today and was wondering.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

How big is your enclosure? Is it glass or mesh? The wattage would vary based on that info.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Nerdychic

Nerdychic Embryo

it is a glass aquarium.The measurements are 21 long x 13 wide x 13 height.I think i will need a 75 or 50 watt bulb.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

What type of bulb are you using? I have a 50W halogen on my 29G tank and it works great. It's a little longer and higher than yours. Is the bulb sitting right at the top or above the tank level. Ours rests on the screen, but the bulb itself is out of reach of the anole.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Nerdychic

Nerdychic Embryo

i now have a 75 watt halogen bulb.It is about 2 or 3 inches above the screen top.It seems much better now in the tank than before the temp is about 88-91 degrees.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

Glad to hear it's working out better now. It took us a couple of tries until we found the right one, but now we know what we need for ours too.

12. caliking

caliking New Member

how big is your viv. basically you should have a 40 watt bulb in a 2ft tank so long as it is on a thermostat. The advantage to this is that you can control the temperature of tyhe tank.