Lighting

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by Camillo, May 23, 2002.

1. Camillo

Camillo New Member

Would a 60-watt bulb for the daytime and a 75-watt bulb for the nighttime be sufficient? I searched for 50-watt bulbs, but Petsmart didn't have any.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. UltAnoleMan

UltAnoleMan New Member

60 Watt for day and 50 for night.I use that for my anoles.:):)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Why would you use a more powerful bulb at night?

Personally, if you've got adequate UVB (Again, you are using UVB right???), you can just leave the same night heat bulb on 24/7.

The ambeint temperature in the day time will make it warmer than at night, even with the same bulb over it.

And why go to the extra expense of a separate bulb?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. UltAnoleMan

UltAnoleMan New Member

:) Sorry forgot to mention that you got to have uvb light what Axe said.And why do u olny search at petsmart?
    Go to kingsnake.com theres places alot better then petsmart for better prices,better products and find out more for youself.Hope this helps.
    UltAnoleMan

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Camillo

Camillo New Member

Actually, I didn't mean to get a higher wattage bulb. It was the lowest night time bulb I could find. And the reason I'm "going to the expense of an extra bulb" is because they need warmth without light at nighttime. Actually, the 75-watt one works really well at night.

I went to Speck's, and they had a 40-watt bulb. It gets pretty warm in there as it is, and they're pretty happy, so I think it's working. Thanks for the advice, though!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. UltAnoleMan

UltAnoleMan New Member

im happy!!!!!!!!!!!:):D:D:):):)

12. CowboyJoe

CowboyJoe New Member

If you need heat with out light, you can use a ceramic heat bulb. My place gets cold at night so I use a 250watt ceramic on a thermostat.

I use that, and an UTH for heating 24/7

For night light, a 30watt nocturnal black light, for day a 40watt regular bulb on a 12v hour timer works for my nocturnal leos.

Effectivly, I have sepprated my heating system from my lighting system, and this fact makes it much easier to regulate the heat.

CBJ