List newby!

Discussion in 'Florida Reptile Nuts' started by Tropicria, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Tropicria

Tropicria Embryo

Hi, I am new here in this forum. I live near Bradenton (SW gulf coast). Have 2 igs: Jazzy is an 11y/o female, and little Belmont the punk is about 7 y/o (female). They live in two very large cages and seem to be very happy. Jazzy is snuggly, and little Belmont lives up to her name. (she was a rescue when about 6 months old, on the street). Also have leopard geckos which are decreasing in number due to a non-curable virus. Seems like captive breeding may not be the answer. Anyway, I also have a sulcata tortoise 5 y/o. She is beautiful and lives outside all year. I also have White's tree frog named zorga - I have had her for 10 years. That's me! Who are you all?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Hey there, welcome to the site...

We'r pretty close by in Sarasota... we've gota coupla big iggies too, they live in two large outdoor enclosures most of the year. We have a pair of leopard geckos, it sucks when there's virus problems about. Is it crypto perhaps?

Cheri just got a Sulcata tortoise for her birthday from a friend, he's a cute little guy, just a baby right now.

We've also got beardies, a flap-necked chameleon (that we're caring after for friend), a chinese water dragon and a corn snake. Quite the zoo here :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Tropicria

Tropicria Embryo

John, what is your favorite pet store?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Well, it depends what I'm after...

All of them have their faults, but the one most competent seems to be Animal Crackers over on University. Their prices generally aren't too bad either.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Tropicria

Tropicria Embryo

Yup, they are good, but too far for me. I use Pet Kingdom in Bradenton.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Pet Kingdom's not so bad... I got a pair of leos from them a couple of years ago, and I went in recently with a friend of mine who knows the owner there... It's a nice place, the animals are usually pretty well kept & clean, although I have often seen them mix species that shouldn't be together (leos & fat-tails, beardies & water dragons, etc.) so I don't think I'd buy any animals from them...

How are their prices on supplies?

12. Tropicria

Tropicria Embryo

They are high. Also just found out that Max sold the shop to a guy named Roger. Don't know anything about him. Hope they don't go downhill. But they did have waxworms! Nice, soft and yummy!