Little Miracles in Canada need Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by Janice, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

I am about 3 1/2 hours away, if I can be of any immediate help, let me know. I have extra supplies, and such. I sent a donation, but you can pm me for phone numbers, etc.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

I am sending some calcium and vitamins, as well as some juvie pellets to her today. Let me know if there is anything else I can do !

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

Thanks Janice,

We had crickets send, they arrive tomorrow and we think there is arrangements being made to trransport them to a Rescue in Michigan by a few people in driving relay within the next few weeks. Several people we know that all meet in Daytona each year are asking to take 1 or 2 of them, so I think they will all end up in nice knowlesgable homes too!!

Until then we and Canadianfeeders.com will make sure there are cricekts there for them

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. CheriS

Well, there are 24 she has found now. We hope that is all of them

The cricket arrived today from Canadianfeeders.com (bless them). She says that most the babies had a feeding frenzy when they saw crickets. A few wondered what the heck was going on... hopefully they will catch on soon that those jumpy things are food and not nibble the tails and toes of brothers and sisters!!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. mike9i1

mike9i1 New Member

i wish i could help by donating, im sorry to hear about him passing away. i would say if u wanted i could give you money for one in the future but i am only 14 and my mom does not want me buying things over the computer unless its absolutly nessesary. just think, in another year mrs. mears will be just siting on the couch or sumthing and a beardie jumps out of the closet. lol

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. tamnmarc

tamnmarc Member

Geez, it is too bad I live in Alberta or I would gladly give them a good start.........as I still have all of my hatchling stuff set up. If nothing else, I wonder if they could be shipped via an overnight courier?? That is of course if nothing is available in Ontario.

That is such an amazing story.....I wish the best for the little troopers!!!!

12. CheriS

Supplies have been shipped to the location they are at which is BIlls Mears Home, but hopefully they will be going within the next week or so to an experienced location(s) until they are old enough to be adopted into good homes.

They are very special babies

13. CheriS

UPDATE

With the special help of US Fish and Wildlife Services, 18 of the babies crossed the border today. I can not say THANK YOU enough to US Fish and Wildlife Services for their understanding and help in getting these babies to the US.

Foster Mom, Nancy Chretien of New York, drove to Canada and picked them up. She will be caring for them for the next few weeks until they can go to permanent homes, us or other rescues. 6 of their siblings remain in Canada, but will also be going to permanent homes in a few weeks when they are old enough.

Special thanks to Canadian Feeder http://www.canadianfeeders.com who made sure for the last 20 days that these babies had food timely. I really do not know what we or these little guys would have done without them jumping in to help and donating not only some crickets, but the shipping also.

We will be putting up a detailed story with photo's on the front page of the site within a few days..... this has just been a remarkable story from the start and what US Fish and Wildlife did was more than we ever expected.